Leader. The messiah. The face of the Rangers franchise. 1994 Stanley Cup Champion. Mark Messier. He was the last guest on the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Dugway and Molly Walker, along with Larry Brooks of The Post who joins in his weekly chat. Messier talks about his new book Nobody Wins Alone, The Case of Rangers, the team that had no leader and didn’t get a job coaching Rangers after John Tortorella was fired. Enjoy the show.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Ron, Molly, and Jake:
- Playing against Messier: Ron talks about his days facing Messier in the NHL and playing with him at show games.
- Molly on Messier: It means everything to the guards. My mom met him at the book signing. I love it and Ron.
Mark Messier interview:
Rangers legend, 1994 Stanley Cup champion, author of Nobody Wins Alone
- New book: The process of writing his book with Jimmy Roberts.
- Organization / Women’s Hockey: What he does with his foundation and the importance of the rise of women’s hockey.
- Training: What happened when he was not appointed as a Rangers coach? Does he want to train someday?
- Team captain: Should the guards have a captain? Why is it necessary for winning teams to have a leader?
- Coach Kenan: What happened in the 1994 finals? How did Keenan make him a better player?
Larry Brooks interview:
The Rangers from Post beat the writer
- Black Hawk Saga: What is the latest news about the sexual assault scandal on the Black Hawks?
- Galant: Players will not be spoiled. Does his style work with this team?
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a podcast from the New York Rangers, by subscribing to the podcast at Apple PodcastAnd spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes drop Thursday during the regular season.