The moment the bride’s bouquet caught fire during her reception, the video was recorded and posted on TikTok.
Emily Jackson, 30, of Dallas, married her husband Tyler on April 24. And although Jackson told Fox News that the party was “everything I could have ever imagined,” the reception began with a mishap.
Jackson and her new husband had just walked in, and Jackson went to put her flower bouquet in a vase on the sweetie’s table, as instructed by her wedding coordinator, Jackson told Fox News.
“We were just about to say a few words to our guests, and then we’d do our first dance,” Jackson explained. “But as I was laying out the bouquet…there were candles all over the place. And I thought in my head, ‘This looks like it might catch on fire.’”
Jackson added that her next thought was that her coordinator knew what she was doing, so she went ahead and put the flowers in the vase.
“Next thing I knew, it caught fire,” Jackson said. “I kind of froze.”
Posted by jackson moment video On TikTok, where it has been viewed more than 1.6 million times.
In the clip, Jackson barely put the bouquet in the vase when it caught fire. Within seconds, though, Jackson’s photographer, Molly Stevens For pictures of the west and the wildHe can be seen jumping into action and picking up the flaming bundle to try to extinguish the flame.
The photographer then throws the bouquet on the ground and begins trampling on it before Jackson’s brother-in-law Ryan – who is also a firefighter – steps up and puts out the remaining flames while the wedding guests applaud.
Jackson said, “I totally panicked. Some people have a fight-or-flight or freeze response. ApparentlyAnd My husband and I have refrigerators.”
“We were definitely happy to have Molly and Ryan there to put out the flames,” she added.
Fortunately, no one was injured and the scene was not damaged, Jackson said.
“I don’t think it was anyone’s fault in any way,” she said. “Things happen. It’s a wedding day, something that must not go as planned. So, the group let out a big old laugh, and we were really thankful that no one was hurt, and there was no damage. And then, we kind of moved on to the celebration. “.
Soon after everything calmed down, Jackson said, the DJ played John Mayer’s “Slow Dancing In a Burning Room,” which Jackson thought was very funny.
Unfortunately, the bouquet did not survive the accident.
“I wish I’d kept it,” Jackson said. “I was definitely shocked that I wouldn’t be able to keep that or get a tangible artifact or anything like that from the wedding.”
However, Jackson still has the memory, which she will have for life.
“Looking back and watching this video – obviously your wedding day isn’t something you’ll ever forget – but these moments certainly aren’t something my husband or I will ever forget,” Jackson said.
She added, “It’s a funny memory that makes me think of our wedding and it’s so happy and exciting and it can be bad, but I’m thankful it wasn’t.”