We are now Hiring a full-time Windows expert To write and update our Windows content. This is a full-time remote job with benefits including health insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Want to throw your hat in the ring? Read on to find out more!
Windows Writer – Full Time, Remote
Are you an expert in using and configuring Windows? Are you at home tweaking the registry, troubleshooting computer problems, providing technical support, or just configuring Windows to your liking? Can you explain all of this to the average computer user? This might be the work for you!
We are looking for a strong writer with experience in using, troubleshooting, and configuring Microsoft Windows. This is a full time telecommuting job with salary and benefits.
Our readers love How-To Geek because of its unique voice. We are not a site for geeks – we are geeks. We are the people you turn to when your computer isn’t working properly, you need to do something technical, or you want to understand the latest gadgets. We explain it all in simple, friendly terms.
what would you do
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows and troubleshooting, modifying, and switching computers
- Keep up with the latest changes to Windows
- Demonstrable experience writing Windows- or technology-related content for a print or digital publication
- The ability to dive into new topics and learn them quickly
- Ability to keep up with writing new articles and reviewing edits to submitted material daily
- Focus on details and focus on deadline, with an attitude of getting things done
- Extreme attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work experience in WordPress is the best
- Basic working knowledge of SEO principles is a plus
- Benefits include:
- 401(k): employer match up to 4%; Eligible after 3 months of full-time employment.
- health insurance: Medical, dental, and vision insurance plan to share costs.
- Paid holidays: We offer the following paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, The Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- PTO non-separable (days off and sick): The company offers 120 hours of non-refundable PTO in exchange for paid time off and sick pay annually. An employee is only allowed to transfer more than 80 hours of incorruptible PTO each calendar year.
- Distance working: You will work from home and you must have your own computer with reliable access to the Internet.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States, domiciled in the United States, and available to work in normal business hours
We will offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this job, head to Post our job on Indeed And click on the big blue “Apply Now” button.
We look forward to hearing from you!