Sources told Page Six that Prince Harry can still travel to the UK to commemorate Prince Philip amid his fight with the government over security.
The Duke of Sussex’s appearance at the memorial service for his beloved grandfather was loud as he continues his battles with the UK government over trying to put in place security measures for him and his family while in his homeland.
However, sources tell us that next month’s event, which will be attended by Harry’s grandmother, the Queen, his father, Prince Charles, and brother Prince William – among other members of the royal family – will be covered by state security.
Precedent shows on such occasions that Harry will have security coverage, so sources said there is still a chance he will fly from California to attend the memorial.
One royal observer said: “The memorial service has no bearing on what Harry is defending.”
However, the odds of Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, and their children Archie, 2 and 8 months, Lilipet, joining the event at Westminster Abbey on March 29, are believed to be slim. Markle has not returned to the UK since they resigned from their senior royal positions in March 2020.
the Queen – Who is fighting COVID right now – He has not yet met Lilibet, aka Lili. In fact, the only family member who has met the baby so far is Princess Eugenie, Harry’s cousin, who flew to California for a visit earlier this month.
Last week, Harry’s legal team stressed he wanted to visit his friends and family back home in the UK but “doesn’t feel safe” without security – which he said he would pay for.
Harry’s lawyer told the High Court in London on Friday that he wanted to bring his family to visit him from the United States, but they were “unable to return to his home” because it was “too dangerous”.
He said the martyr lawyer Fatima s. Per multiple reports.
“And, of course, he should go without saying he wants to come back: to see family and friends and continue to support the charities so close to his heart. Most of all, this is and always will be his home.”
Page Six contacted the Home Office – the UK’s main government department for immigration, passports, drug policy, crime, fire, counter-terror and police – but they didn’t get back to us.
The Home Office plans to say that the prince’s personal preventive security is still seen on a “case-by-case basis” due to Harry’s “exceptional situation”. The decision may vary depending on the reason for the royal plans to visit Britain and the jobs he will be doing while he is there.
It alleges that Harry also “failed to appreciate the role of the Home Office and the Royal Executive Committee and VIPs (RAVEC), a task force of civil servants and Scotland Yard officers,” as an expert, democratically accountable, and decision-maker “in matters of preventive security,” the reports said.
The judge is expected to issue a ruling at a later time, pending further details. Sussex MPs were not available for comment.