There are many ways you can sign out of Windows 11 account via different menus. However, it is more convenient to have the logout shortcut on your desktop, taskbar, or context menu. Shortcuts always provide the most direct way to access programs, tools, options, and other features. This is how you can create different types of logout shortcuts in Windows 11.
How to add logout shortcut to desktop
The Windows desktop area is not limited to including shortcuts for opening the program. You can also create shortcuts based on Command Prompt (CMD). There is a shutdown command to log out so you can set up a desktop shortcut for this command:
- Right-click an area on the desktop that does not contain any icons and select new.
- Click context menu abbreviation Selection.
- Enter this command to log out in the location box:
- Choose next one Go to the Create Shortcut Wizard naming step.
- Remove default name and entry Exit in the box.
- press ending To add the new shortcut to log out.
You can now click the Sign Out button on the desktop whenever you need to sign out. Right-click on the shortcut and drag it across the desktop to place it next to the others. Or right-click on the desktop and select Opinion > Automatically arrange icons.
The default shortcut will not have an icon. However, you can add the Windows 11 default shell32 logout token which is set to it as follows:
- Right-click on the logout shortcut and select Properties.
- Click on abbreviation Tab windows change icon button.
- Select the key icon, and click the window yes Selection.
- click Progressing To add the specified symbol.
- press yes Closes the shortcut properties window.
You can find more logout codes to add to your shortcut from online sources. IconArchive includes hundreds of thousands of icons for you to download. open the IconArchive موقع, and enter Sign Out in its search box. Then you will see some appropriate icons that you can select to download in the search results.
To download one, click an icon in IconArchive’s search results. Then press ICO download button. The icon file will be in your browser’s default download folder.
To add the downloaded icon, bring up the change icon window for the logout shortcut as shown above; then press browse to select the icon. select file yes > Progressing and options.
How to add logout shortcut to taskbar and start menu
After adding a Sign Out button to the desktop, you can turn that into a taskbar or Start menu shortcut. Just click the logout shortcut once to select it, and hit the classic context menu alternative + F10 Hotkey. Then select File Click to start or Pin to taskbar Option to add this shortcut anywhere you prefer.
There will be no need for the desktop shortcut to log out when adding the log out button to the taskbar or Start menu. You can remove this shortcut by right-clicking on its icon and selecting File delete context menu option. Or drag and drop the shortcut into the Recycle Bin on your desktop with your mouse.
How to set up a logout keyboard shortcut
You can extend the desktop shortcut to log off to a keyboard. You will then be able to immediately sign out of Windows 11 by pressing File control + alternative key combination. This is how you can set up a custom logout keyboard shortcut:
- Add the Logout shortcut to the desktop as specified for Method 1 of this guide.
- Right-click the logout desktop shortcut to select a file Properties Selection.
- Click anywhere inside a file shortcut key Square with your mouse.
- press s (to sign) to create a file control + alternative + s The main combo to log out.
- Choose Progressing in the shortcut properties window.
- press control + alternative + s To sign out of Windows.
The hotkey to sign out of Windows depends on the desktop shortcut you created it from. Therefore, you have to keep the logout shortcut on the desktop to log out using the hotkey. To create custom hotkeys without desktop shortcuts, you will need to use third-party software such as WinHotKey.
The desktop context menu (right click) is a good alternative place to add shortcuts. You can declutter your desktop by adding more shortcuts to the right-click menu. If you prefer to have an option to log out in the context menu, you can add an option there with these steps:
- click All apps In the Start menu, and select Windows Tools from there.
- Double-click Registry Editor in the Windows Tools folder.
- Open the location of this registry key by entering its path in the address bar:
- Right click coincidence In the right pane of Registry Editor and select new.
- click a key To add a new one to the registry.
- Enter Exit in the text box for the new key.
- Right click Exit In the registry editor to select new > a key.
- Writes order Inside the label text box.
- tap on order The key you just added to select it.
- Double clicks (shortening) in the right pane of the Registry Editor.
- Enter the text of this CMD command into a file value data can:
- Choose yes To save the entered value.
- Click Registry Editor X button.
You can now log out of Windows 11 from the classic context menu. Right-click on the desktop to bring up the standard context menu and select Show more options from there. then press Exit In the secondary menu to log out of Windows 11.
It’s easy to get rid of this context menu shortcut if you change your mind about keeping it there. Refer to the Exit The key you added in Registry Editor. Choose Exitand click release existing. Choose delete in that list and yes For confirmation.
Sign out of Windows 11 with a convenient shortcut
It takes three clicks to choose Exit from the start menu. You can sign out of Windows 11 in just one or two clicks by setting up a suitable desktop, taskbar, or context menu shortcut for this option. Or create a custom hotkey to log out whenever you need to. All of these shortcuts give you a better way to log out.