The Rookie Winter Finale Review: Is Chenford Now Official?
The future of the show’s central character, Chenford, as well as Chenford as the primary ship was left unresolved in the Rookie season 4 finale.
It’s time to discuss the storyline, the characters, and everything else we know about The Rookie season 5 now that a new season is just around the brink.
In The Rookie, Nathan Fillion plays divorced 45-year-old John Nolan, who owns a construction company and has one adult son.
But after he assists in stopping a bank robbery, his life drastically changes. John relocates to Los Angeles from Pennsylvania in order to join the LAPD as a rookie.
Also Read: Nathan Fillion (The Rookie): Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Career, Net Worth and More
The Rookie: Who Is John Nolan?
John Nolan, the oldest rookie in the LAPD, used his life experience, tenacity, and sense of humor to keep up with rookies who were 20 years younger after moving and becoming a full-fledged police officer.
As his training draws to a close, Nolan now faces his greatest struggle as a police officer when he must accept the decisions he has taken in the sake of the truth.
The Rookie fans are excited to know what happens next in season 5 as ABC hasn’t aired a new episode since November 6.
Many TV series are taking vacations as the holiday season approaches. But may The Rookie viewers anticipate one final celebration tonight, Dec. 4, before the show goes on hiatus for the season?
In “The Rookie” Season 5 Episode 9, which airs tonight, Dec. 4, on ABC, Nathan Fillion plays John Nolan and is dressed in his blue police uniform.
Fans of The Rookie will be happy to hear that the ABC series premieres today, Dec. 4. However, it will be the final episode prior to 2023. So the show returns after a somewhat little break before leaving us once more.
The winter finale is two hours lengthy, which is a plus because tonight will see the premiere of two episodes.Tonight at 9 p.m., “The Collar,” the eighth episode of The Rookie Season 5 will air.
ET, one hour prior to the program’s scheduled time. It will be immediately followed at 10 p.m. by “Take Back,” the ninth episode of The Rookie Season 5. on ABC, ET.
The Rookie: Overview of Episode 7
Before tonight’s midseason finale, we need to catch up on what has already happened in The Rookie.
Fans will recall that Wesley Evers’ public apology to Elijah Stone in episode 7 was a significant shocker.
He did this in order to get Elijah to dismiss his lawsuit against Wade Grey, Angela Lopez, and himself. But we are certain that this is not the last time we will encounter Elijah.
Later in the hour, Lucy posed as a female gang member to go undercover. Aaron Thorsen was extremely upset by the LAPD’s use of the gang member’s teenage sibling as evidence in their case.
Aaron charged Tim Bradford with endangering the boy’s life during the procedure in order to advance Lucy’s career.
In addition, John Nolan and Bailey Nune encountered difficulty in paradise in The Rookie Episode 7. She didn’t feel comfortable staying in his home, and by the end of the episode, nothing had changed.
The Rookie: Everything About Season Finale
Officers John Nolan and Celina Juarez are in a race against time to stop the source of an explosive spree, according to the synopsis for tonight’s debut The Rookie episode, “The Collar.”
According to the trailer, Nolan and Celina come upon a woman driving across the city while wearing a bomb around her neck. Later, Tim and Lucy discover another bomb with a different driver, and she asserts, “He told to drive, or he’ll murder me.”
Officer John Nolan and the squad look into the sudden death of a suspect while in police custody, according to the “Take Back” synopsis.
A extremely delicate loose end that could endanger Officer Celina Juarez’s career is also discovered throughout their investigation.
In the meantime, Dominique never returned from the previous night when Sergeant Grey and his wife Luna traveled to New York to see her.
Tonight, December 4, at 9 p.m., The Rookie Season 5 Episode 8 called “The Collar” will air. on ABC, ET. At exactly 10 p.m., “Take Back,” episode 9 will air. ET.
The Rookie Final: Review
After witnessing the much-anticipated Chenford moment in the winter finale, The Rookie fans erupt in glee.
There will be spoilers for the two-hour “The Collar” and “Take Back” winter finale of The Rookie.
This past Sunday, The Rookie’s two-hour midseason finale aired as part of the ABC fall 2022 schedule, and it was a rather significant event for two characters.
Tim Bradford (also known as “Chenford”) and Lucy Chen appeared to be developing a romance during the course of Season 5 before this week, especially when Tim’s ex-girlfriend Ashley ended their relationship.
Fans had a week to remember this one, and by the time the episodes were up, they were clearly giddy.
The idea of moving in together horrified Lucy when her lawyer boyfriend Chris offered it in the first of the two episodes, “The Collar.”
Tim made several attempts to counsel Lucy throughout the episode in an effort to help her decide whether she truly loved Chris.
Ultimately, Lucy came to the conclusion that she wasn’t meant to be with him, which prompted Tim to wonder how she would react if he asked her out.
Fans were obviously pleased with the situation and Tim’s apparent declaration of his affections for Lucy. How captivated the sergeant is was noted by one Twitter user:
The small moment at the conclusion of the first segment of the winter finale marked the beginning of what could be a very beautiful relationship, even if it requires the two characters taking some risks.
The series has been building up to Chenford since the first season, and that’s only increased now that Tim isn’t Lucy’s T.O.
The Rookie Season 5: Plot
After Tim Bradford (Eric Winter) and Lucy Chen (Melissa O’Neil), aka Chenford, elevated their friendship in the season finale of The Rookie season 4, viewers were left on edge.
The couple now seemed to have a future together after waiting for years.
They will, however, have to deal with their own obstinacy in refusing to acknowledge their affections for one another as well as an undercover assignment that could be in jeopardy as a result of the conflicting emotions they are experiencing.
However, Chenford wasn’t the only one who left them with an open-ended situation.
After returning from maternity leave, Nyla Harper (Mekia Cox), who gave birth to a child with James (Arjay Smith), has a fresh obstacle in her role as a detective.
As a result, Aaron Thorsen (Tru Valentino) will have a new teacher in season five of The Rookie. The executive producer of The Rookie, Alexi Hawley, stated in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that Nyla’s pregnancy will be the subject of a lighthearted narrative.
He also announced an episode arc in which Wesley Evers tries his hand at law enforcement.
John Nolan is another figure embarking on a new career path (Nathan Fillion). During this year’s The Rookie panel at Comic-Con, the actor unintentionally gave away the fact that John would get a raise following the valiant rescue he and Bailey Nune (Jenna Dewan) performed in the middle of the desert.
In the upcoming season, John will mentor a brand-new rookie cop and work as a training officer, which will undoubtedly present fresh obstacles for their relationship.
The Rookie Season 5: Cast
Following The Rookie’s season finale, which marked a turning point in the stories of some of the audience’s favorite characters, viewers pondered which prominent cast members would not be back for season 5.
Fortunately, The Rookie fans can relax knowing that the main cast has been confirmed for season 5.
In this fashion, Nathan Fillion will return to the role of John Nolan, the show’s central police officer, whose importance has decreased over the course of the seasons in favor of other characters.
To the joy of Chenford fans, Melissa O’Neil and Eric Winter will return as Lucy Chen and Tim Bradford, respectively, in Season 5.
Other cast members include Alyssa Diaz as Angela Lopez, Richard T. Jones as Wade Grey, Mekia Cox as Nyla Harper, and of course, Melissa O’Neil and Eric Winter.
Likewise, Jenna Dewan as Bailey Nune, Shawn Ashmore as Wesley Evers, and Tru Valentino as Aaron Thorsen are all retained for The Rookie season 5.
Additionally, the precinct will welcome a new member this season. Chicago P.D. was verified by the drama in August. Lisseth Chavez, a star, will make several appearances.
She will play Celina, a fresh-faced rookie with an original approach to police job. Although she graduated from the police academy with great honors, her training officer will find working with her unconventional ways difficult.
Everything seems to point to John Nolan becoming her training officer, which is just what she needs.
Additionally, it appears that Annie Wersching will return in her role as the terrifying serial killer Rosalind Dyer, who made her debut during the second season of the program.
Also Read: The Rookie Winter Finale Review: Is Chenford Now Official?
The Rookie Season 5: Release Date
A short time before The Rookie’s season finale, ABC decided to continue airing the police drama. The success of this drama with a unique and unconventional premise based on a true story was verified by an early renewal.
Since its launch, The Rookie has had an autumn premiere and a spring finale, with a season averaging twenty episodes.
This time won’t be any different, as The Rookie season 5 will begin airing on Sunday nights at 10 p.m. on September 25, 2022, as confirmed by the show’s official Instagram in June. on ABC, ET.
The network did not officially confirm the number of episodes, but based on the length of the previous seasons, with the exception of season 3, which had fewer episodes than usual due to the COVID-19 pandemic, viewers can be certain that The Rookie season 5 will last for at least 20 episodes.
- Nathan Fillion as John Nolan (20 episodes)
- Alyssa Diaz as Angela Lopez (20 episodes)
- Richard T. Jones as Wade Grey (20 episodes)
- Titus Makin as Jackson West (20 episodes)
- Mercedes Mason as Zoe Andersen (15 episodes)
- Melissa O’Neil as Lucy Chen (20 episodes)
- Afton Williamson as Talia Bishop (20 episodes)
- Eric Winter as Tim Bradford (20 episodes)
- Mircea Monroe as Isabel Bradford (6 episodes)
- Demetrius Grosse as Det. Kevin Wolfe (5 episodes)
- David DeSantos as Det. Elijah Vestri (3 episodes)
- Currie Graham as Ben McRee (6 episodes)
- Shawn Ashmore as Wesley Evers (6 episodes)
- Michael Beach as Cmdr. Percy West (4 episodes)
- Cameron J. Armstrong as Nurse Gino Brown (3 episodes)
- Sarah Shahi as Jessica Russo (3 episodes)
- Danny Nucci as Det. Sanford Motta (2 episodes)
- Ryan Michelle Bathe as Det. Jennifer Paige (2 episodes)
- Sara Rue as Nell Forester (3 episodes)
- Shawn Christian as Jeremy Hawke (1 episode)
- Joelle Carter as Megan Mitchell (1 episode)
- Christopher James Baker as Marcus Vance (2 episodes)
- Niko Nicotera as Carson Miller (2 episodes)
- Sam Duffy as Kyle Montgomery (2 episodes)
- Zayne Emory as Henry Nolan (2 episodes)
- Angel Parker as Luna Grey (1 episode)
- Jade Payton as Dominique Grey (1 episode)
- Jose Pablo Cantillo as Franco DeSantis (1 episode)
- Antonio Jaramillo as Robert Ortiz (1 episode)
- Kurt Yaeger as Graham Ross (1 episode)
- Matthew Glave as Oscar Hutchinson (1 episode)
- Sean Maher as Caleb Jost (1 episode)
- Mario Lopez as Himself (1 episode)
- Grant Harvey as Cole Midas (1 episode)
- Michael Trucco as Sean Del Monte (1 episode)
- Jim Lau as Patrick Chen (1 episode)
- Joel McHale as Brad Hayes (1 episode)
- Caleb Castille as Dylan Scott (1 episode)
- Robbie A. Kay as Simon Parks Jr. (1 episode)
- will.i.am as Himself (1 episode)
- Valerie Cruz as Detective Elena Ruiz (2 episodes)
- Stephen Lang as Chief Williams (1 episode)
- Felicia Day as Dr. Morgan (1 episode)
- Grey and Luna are in NYC visiting their daughter and Grey can’t get out of cop mode.
- Nolan helps Tim’s sister with getting the house together and learns that her bracelet is missing.
- Bradford is acting watch commander while Grey is away.
- Lucy is still trying to figure out how to break up with Chris.
- Nolan and Celina happen across a robbery. Celina gives chase and the suspect beats her up but she finally takes him down.
- Grey and Luna are waiting for Dominque, but she still hasn’t shown up. They go to her dorm room and her roommate Marta says that she switched majors and hasn’t seen her in half a day.
- Thorsen helps Lucy plan on how to break up with Chris, which he’s ecstatic about.
- Nolan finds out that Ginny’s son threw the charm bracelet away
- Celina and Nolan have to take the robber to the hospital to get checked out before taking him to holidng where another inmate attacks him and starts a full brawl that includes prisoners beating up Celina and Nolan too.
- Luna and Grey head to a church where Dominque is supposed to be. It’s an immersive event where Dominque is supposed to work but she didn’t show up.
- Nolan and Celina get checked out at the hospital when Bradford arrives with the robber. They have to work on the man and try to revive him, but he’s dead.
- Protocol dictates that Celina goes on admin leave and risks a murder charge because the death would techinally be considered on their watch
Also Read: The Rookie Season 5: Plot, Release Date, Episode, Cast, Trailer, Review, Where To Watch and More