After an F-22 Raptor shot down a Chinese “spy” balloon, “Top Gun 3” became popular on the Internet. At least we have a plot
“At least we have a plot,” Trends After the F-22 in “Top Gun 3.” The Chinese spy’s balloon is destroyed by a Raptor.
Fans who couldn’t get over Top Gun: Maverick started speculating about “Top Gun 3” after the US shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon (Paramount).
Top Gun: Maverick, which was shot in Los Angeles, California, was one of the most successful movies of 2022. Fans couldn’t stop talking about a movie starring Tom Cruise, but many are starting to speculate that a third movie might be coming. Installment of the Top Gun franchise.
After the event involving the “airship”, it seems that the excited fans have already created a situation reminiscent of “Top Gun” in real life.
Tom Cruise stars as Pete Maverick, a Navy aviator who, after 30 years of service, returns to help prepare an elite group of graduates for high-profile mission while also battling his own personal demons.
The film is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, and Tom Cruise plays himself in the film. The original “Top Gun” was a box office success, but the sequel “Top Gun: Maverick” broke box office records and became one of the most financially successful films of the year.
Also Read: Juan Diego Poto: Wife Olga Rodriguez, Biography, Wiki, Age, Job, Married Life, New Series, Career, Net Worth (2023) & More
Top Gun 3: Spy Balloon
Not long after that, someone wrote: “This kept me up this morning!!” Another user commented, “At least we have a plot for Top Gun 3,” while a third said, “World War 3 or Top Gun 3 is going on.. no I know… #fighterjet.”
A fan wanted to know when the story would be made into a movie. Another participant said: “Wait a minute.
This whole ordeal with balloons was simply for the third installment of the TOPGUN series, right? Another user joined the conversation, “The story in Topgun3 is going to be crazy! The air is filled with smoke. Don’t think about it. Just say “POP” and count back to one, Mav. “
Top Gun: Global Conflict
Top Gun: Maverick was a success, but it came perilously close to starting a global conflict. Screenrant claims that while filming the opening sequence for Darkstar, satellites from other countries focused on the China Lake Naval Air Station and took pictures of the hypersonic scrim jet used in the movie.
Not only that, but the first trailer for the movie, which was released in 2019, featured a character who was wearing the Taiwanese flag on her suicide vest.
During the sneak peek, it appeared that the patches on Cruz’s jacket, which previously displayed the flags of Taiwan and Japan, had been removed and replaced with two mysterious symbols in the same color scheme. The patches previously displayed the flags of Taiwan and Japan.
Although Top Gun: Maverick became the most financially successful movie of 2022, Paramount has yet to announce production of Top Gun 3.
Miles Teller admitted in July 2022 that he was talking to Tom Cruise about the possibility of making a third film in the series.
On the other hand, in December of 2022, producer Jerry Bruckheimer expressed concern that Cruise might be too busy for a sequel right now.
“His interest is currently in the production of Mission: Impossible 8, which is already in the works. After he finishes, we are able to engage in conversation. But then [for an untitled project from Universal] He’s going to outer space, and then doing something different,” he said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
In the same way you did with the sequel, it will likely depend on whether or not they can come up with an interesting enough plot to warrant a return.
However, director Joseph Kosinski stated in an interview with Deadline in December 2022 that there is potential for another sequel. “
At the conclusion of this movie, I’m under the impression that Maverick still has some steam left in the tank. He joked that he was not satisfied with stability.
Here’s everything you need to know about Top Gun 3 while we wait for confirmation that it will be made (hopefully sooner rather than later).
Also Read: Gabriel Levinson (Aparna Nancherla Boyfriend): Series Of Funny Tweets, Biography, Wiki, Job, Net Worth (2023), Family
Top Gun 3: release date
As we just pointed out, Top Gun 3 hasn’t been officially sanctioned in production, which means we don’t have an exact release date yet.
We can only hope it won’t be another 36 years before that happens, and not just because Tom Cruise will be 89 by then (he might still be doing stunts though).
However, Bruckheimer noted that he likely doesn’t have time to direct another Top Gun movie at this moment.
Even if it is confirmed in the near future, it is unlikely that we will see the sequel in 2023 because it took about a year to shoot.
Even considering that the summer of 2024 is the earliest possible release date for the third installment of the trilogy, this prediction could be overly optimistic.
Maverick is now available to watch on Paramount+.
Keep an eye on this space, as we’ll make updates as soon as we get new information.
Top Gun 3: The Cast
Of course Tom Cruise will return as Pete “Maverick” Mitchell. But, it’s possible he’ll play a supporting role in the sequel, with Miles Teller’s character Bradley “Rooster” Bradshaw taking a more prominent position.
Since the character of Val Kilmer’s Iceman was eliminated in a story arc that didn’t involve a fiery plane crash, the actor will not be returning for the part.
There’s still a possibility, though, that Val Kilmer, or another member of the original Top Gun cast, could make a cameo appearance in the Top Gun: Maverick prequel in flashback form. That’s because the prequel made only limited (and dare we say, tasteful) use of footage from the original movie.
Now that Maverick and Penny have reignited their romance, there’s nothing to stop Jennifer Connelly from returning as Penny (especially if it’s a third film focused on Maverick’s adjustment to civilian life and married parenthood).
Outside of it, we can also expect to see more of the Top Gun elite that will be included in the sequel. Among these characters are Lewis Pullman as Robert “Bob” Floyd, Monica Barbaro as Natasha “Phoenix” Trace, and Glen Powell as Jake “Hangman” Seresin.
Top Gun 3: Conspiracy
- Top Gun: Maverick, like its predecessor, doesn’t explicitly lay out any additional movie ambitions; However, this does not mean that there is no drama being mined for in the movie.
- In short, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell returned to Top Gun in order to help prepare a group of pilots for a very difficult mission, which involved blowing up a uranium plant in a location that was virtually impossible to reach.
- Naturally, after much back and forth, it was decided that Maverick would lead the Flyers, and his team includes none other than Rooster Bradshaw, the son of his closest friend Goose Goose.
- This decision was made after a great deal of back and forth. The strained relationship between Rooster and Maverick is the primary source of conflict throughout the film; However, you don’t have to worry because in the end everything works out!
- Not only are Top Gun pilots able to complete the mission without any mishaps, but no one loses a life in the process. On top of that, the love interest of Pete’s character, Penny (played by Jennifer Connelly), returns to his life, and the two go out into the sunset together.
- As a result of all this, there is no definitive answer to the question of how a third movie can bring us back with Pete to Top Gun. It’s highly unlikely that Top Gun 2’s plot will be repeated (since he’ll have to direct a new batch of pilots and recruits).
- It’s not made clear if the mission in Top Gun: Maverick will actually be Pete’s last, but that was the general sentiment – after all, he was stopped once by his boss ‘Cyclone’ (Jon Hamm), before pulling a stunt that once saw him Another one in the cockpit again (oh, muff!).
- In Top Gun: Maverick, it hasn’t been confirmed whether or not the mission will be Pete’s last, but that’s been the general feeling.
- On the other hand, a third film might investigate what Maverick’s retirement might entail and how he might do in civilian life if he left the military (before he is inevitably sent back to training quarters).
Top Gun 3: Trailer
Unfortunately, Top Gun 3 has yet to be announced, let alone filming has begun, so there is currently no footage available from Threequel.
Just keep watching Top Gun: Maverick on and off on Paramount+ until the third movie nears production.
Read also: The Last of Us Episode 4: About the game series, plot, review, actors and more