Aleksandar Mitrovic, Marco Silva and Fulham have been charged with conduct during the FA Cup exit at Man United

Fulham have been charged by the Football Association after several incidents during their 3-1 FA Cup quarter-final defeat by Manchester United on Sunday at Old Trafford.

The London club were leading 1-0 when Willian was sent off in the 72nd minute after a deliberate handball on the line prevented Jadon Sancho’s equaliser.

Marco Silva and Aleksandar Mitrović were then sent off by referee Chris Kavanagh, with Mitrović appearing to slash Kavanagh’s arm and he had to walk away from the referee after an angry reaction to Willian’s dismissal.

The Football Association said in a statement: “Fulham, Marco Silva, and Aleksandar Mitrovic have been charged following the events that occurred in or around the 72nd minute of their match against Manchester United in the FA Cup on Sunday 19 March.

“It is alleged that Marco Silva used abusive and/or insulting words, gestures and/or behavior towards the match official; that he used offensive and/or insulting words towards the fourth official prior to his dismissal; and that he also used offensive and/or insulting words and/or gestures and/or behavior towards the fourth official after he was sent off.It is further alleged that when he threw a water bottle in the assistant referee’s direction, his behavior was inappropriate.

“The FA alleged that the standard penalty that would have been applied to Aleksandar Mitrović for dismissing the offense of violent conduct he committed towards a match official was manifestly inadequate. In addition, Aleksandar Mitrović’s behavior and/or language was alleged to have been inappropriate, abusive and/or Insulting and/or threatening him after his dismissal.

“It is also alleged that Fulham failed to ensure that its players acted in an orderly manner.”

The FA is currently reviewing the referee’s report and could provide an update on Mitrovic’s harsher penalty this week.

According to the rulebook, a claim must be submitted to Fulham by 1pm on Tuesday, with either the club or Mitrovic given an extra two days to respond.

Any issue will be heard by an organizing committee.


Go deeper

Gone in 90 seconds: How Fulham’s own shameful vandalism ruined a trophy dream

(Photo: Getty Images)


(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Related posts