Phasmophobia is an amazingly scary game and even so with the Apocalypse update. It’s the perfect horror title to play with friends. Roleplay yourself as a ghost hunter, and get into the spirit of things by entering spooky locations and attempting to find out what type of ghost haunts the place. Phasmophobia is updated regularly with new additions, bug fixes, and more, so here are the Phasmophobia Patch Notes for every update. Featuring the Easter event and the most recent hotfix!
If you’re after the Easter Eggs that were released in the latest big update, we’ve got you covered: All Phasmophobia Easter Egg Locations.
Phasmophobia Patch Notes Tempest Hotfix v0.8.1.7 May 16
- The Slow And Steady weekly challenge will now have the correct hunt settings
Phasmophobia Patch Notes Easter Event Update v0.8.2.0 April 4
Happy Easter everyone!
This year’s event will run for 1 week, until 00:00 on April 12th (BST)!
- Enter any location featuring an Easter sticker on any difficulty in single or multi-player.
- Find and collect all of the hidden Easter eggs.
- Retreat to the truck and leave! No need to find the ghost type!
- Repeat this until all stickers on the contract board are ticked off!
Enjoy the Easter ’23 ID Badge and Trophy in your collection!
Event information can be found in the game by pressing the egg sticker button on the main menu!
Phasmophobia Patch Notes Tempest Hotfix v0.8.1.3 March 14
- Randomizing a custom difficulty will now always give a random cursed possession
- Arabic player names are now displayed right to left
- Fixed a memory leak caused by having unicode characters with a broken sanity monitor
- Tripods no longer speed up Raiju after you detach a video camera
- The speed running difficulty challenge will now give all 7 cursed possessions instead of 6
- Improved statistics page text sizing on languages with long text
- Fixed a crash after leaving a game when using Vosk voice recognition
- The weekly challenges will now reset on Sunday instead of Saturday
Phasmophobia Patch Notes Tempest Update v0.8.1.0 February 27
The next major update will be Progression Part 1 (v0.9.0), and will make way for the new leveling system; player levels, money, and equipment will be wiped and set to 0, however, to allow users to continue playing as they have been, everyone who has played the game pre-wipe will be fast-tracked to Prestige 1, level 0.
This will reset your progress but keep all difficulties and locations available for play when the reset hits. A future development preview will reveal what your pre-wipes level badge will look like, keep your eyes peeled for that soon!
Custom difficulty’s reward values have been overhauled. This should help balance the game closer to the default difficulties and make progression fairer for those who don’t want to min-max their custom games.
- The maximum reward value possible is now 15x
- Several options have had their rewards reduced
- The Apocalypse Challenges’ requirements have been adjusted:
- Bronze: 6x+
- Silver: 10x+
- Gold: 15x
- Rules have been added to reduce rewards when two options are set to specific values, thus canceling each other out but still giving you a reward. Here are some examples:
- 0 starting sanity with sanity pills 25% or higher
- Faster ghosts but player unlimited sprint
- Broken Fuse Box but Flashlights: On
Triggering one of these combinations will change the custom difficulties option panel to a yellow warning icon. You can hover your cursor over this icon to find out more information on how it is affecting or being affected by other settings.
Several custom options have been adjusted:
- “Evidence Given” will now soft cap the reward multiplier. Rewards added above these multipliers will only add 50% of their values to the total reward;
- 3 Evidence: 4x
- 2 Evidence: 5x
- “Grace Period” 6s has been removed
- “Sprint Duration” and “Sprint Recharge” have been removed and will default to:
- Duration: 3s
- Recharge: 5s
- “Sprint” options have been changed to:
For the best investigators, a new default difficulty has been added: Insanity.
More information can be found in-game on the difficulty selection screen.
Challenge modeA new weekly rotational difficulty has been added. Each week a different challenge will be available offering unique modes ranging from Intermediate to Insanity and beyond.
- 26 challenges have been added
- A challenge-specific loadout will be provided automatically, for free
- Completing the challenge 3 times on the specified map will grant a large money and XP bonus
- Each challenge will be available twice a year
- You will lose nothing if you fail or die
Sunny Meadows’ staff weren’t just experimenting on people, they were seriously trying to unearth something unnatural:
Monkey PawA severed paw that grants a wish for those who ask it. Be warned, the wish may not be worth the consequences:
- Wishes can be found scattered inside Sunny Meadows Mental Institution and will be added to your Journal when found.
The number of wishes you have will correspond to the difficulty or reward multiplier for that contract:
- 0x – 1.9x Rewards: 5 wishes
- 2x – 2.9x Rewards: 4 wishes
- 3x Rewards or higher: 3 wishes
Note: After 2 weeks, these patch notes will be updated with the details of every wish
The shop computer has had some UI improvements
- Shop and Storage has been recreated, acting like an online shopping basket
- Added an “all equipment” loadout
- You can now tick “auto-add” to your loadout, to add it as soon as you join a lobby
- Strange symbols have been spotted in the warehouse, what could they mean? Get searching for an answer!
- Crucifix uses will now have new textures, effects and sounds when used
- Updated all UV shaders! UV effects will now be much more accurate and work when shining another light over the UV light. Additionally, UV effects will now fade out over time, instead of disappearing instantly
- “The Tower” Tarot Card will now additionally double all ghost activity for 20s
- Weather particles lighting have been improved and now work with the sky light, helping them look more realistic (no more ashy black snow!)
- All windows will now have new raindrop effects on them if it’s raining, and additional sounds in all maps similar to Tanglewood’s
- Several foliage objects will now be affected by windy weather outside
- You will now receive an in-game message when a new game update is available to download
- A Broken Fuse Box’s sparks now bounce on nearby objects instead of clipping through them
- Reduced the range and resolution of several environmental lights slightly. This should decrease the chance of your shadows becoming overly pixelated when having lots of lights turned on in a location, and decreasing the chance of an object hitting the “maximum lights” limit (e.g. resulting in black floors or DOTS casting no light)
- The time between hunts will now be the same if the ghost uses a crucifix or if it hunts (20s for Demon, 25s for other ghost types)
- The ghost’s room will no longer be visible on the Haunted Mirror when you use it at 0% sanity
- Ghost orbs can no longer go through walls into a different room
- Fog quality settings have been changed for better visual clarity across all settings
- Low – Downsampling at 2, no shadows
- Medium – No downsampling, no shadows
- High – No downsampling, receive shadows
- Blur has been removed
- Renamed Daily and Weekly Challenges to Daily and Weekly Tasks, to avoid confusion with the new Challenge Mode difficulty
- Several icons have been improved
- Improved and fixed the visuals of light sources on the PC monitors in Prison
- Improved the visuals of the collectible cabinets in the warehouse lobby
- Lighting a Summoning Circle candle with no sanity will now extinguish it instantly. Note: Lighting the 5th candle with no sanity will cause an instant hunt
- Saying “goodbye” on the Ouija Board no longer counts toward challenges
- Renamed the High School bathrooms to make it clearer where they are
- Failing to join a room with a password now gives a more descriptive error
- The night vision camera effect will now adjust brightness when entering and exiting foggy areas
- Ghosts can no longer interact with windows on the floor below them, in both Farmhouse locations
- Voice recognition will now work for all players if other players loaded in slowly
- Removed several safe spots in Prison, Maple Lodge Campsite, and School
- Several shaders and materials will now render correctly
- The Voodoo Doll can no longer stop hunts
- Using the Voodoo Doll, Tarot Cards, Music Box and the Summoning Circle will now count towards the “use Cursed Possessions” task
- Items will no longer teleport in the SM Courtyard when thrown in specific spots
- Patched up some holes in the Sunny Meadows Courtyard floor
- Removed an invisible wall upstairs in Edgefield
- Improved Anisotropic textures for radiators, rugs, outside ground, SM flooring
- Ghosts can now kill you on the blue beds in house maps
- Ghosts can now detect active electronic equipment if they were grabbed when active
- Voice recognition will no longer work if you have the ‘text’ voice recognition option enabled
- The Apocalypse stickers will now show in Singleplayer instead of Multiplayer
- A book in the Sunny Meadows Courtyard is no longer only a shadow
- Removed several shadow rendering issues in Sunny Meadows and Tanglewood
- Thaye will now have the correct interaction rate before aging
- Window knocks now count as an interaction for stats
- Tasks featuring “Asylum” will now display “Sunny Meadows”
- You can no longer sprint or move while in the death room
- Setting a preset for a custom difficulty and changing a cursed possession, will no longer apply that change to the actual preset difficulty, instead of just the Custom game you are editing
- Standing in DOTS light will no longer stop sanity drain
- You can now see your hands on your monitor when in VR and smooth camera is enabled
- Ghost orbs can no longer be seen with a photo camera
- The ball in the upstairs Ridgeview closet will no longer glitch when the hiding spot is blocked
- Ghost orbs in the outside “rooms” in Camp Woodwind will no longer be very high above the ground
- Video cameras will now receive the ghost glitch effects
- The “Sky Light” will now turn on and off accurately with your settings
- Lighter flame is now being considered for the Onryo hunt ability when blown out
- An Onryo will now have a higher chance to blow out a flame, the more players that are dead, instead of a lower chance
- Hunts will now end if all players are outside
- The haunted mirror will now drain a minimum of 20 sanity per use instead of 27
Phasmophobia Patch Notes Tempest Major Update v0.8.0.0 November 13, 2022
- Players can participate in a new Christmas event and potentially earn a Unique Holiday Trophy and an exclusive Holiday ID card and badge.
- Custom Difficulty is getting an 80 percent reduction to the reward multiplier.
- Due to the change made to Custom Difficulty, Investigations now get additional rewards. These Rewards include the following:
- A New Payment page was added to the Journal.
- Players now get a bonus for identifying the ghost correctly and escaping alive.
- Successfully identifying the ghost, grabbing the bone, and filling your Journal with three-star photos grant additional rewards on completion.
- Secondary rewards have their rewards reduced to make way for the new Investigation bonuses.
Ghost Buffs and Debuffs
- Changes that affect all ghosts
- Hunting Ghost model flickers synced across all players.
- All Hunting Ghosts affect lights at the same range as equipment. Rajius influence lights at 15m while other ghosts remain at 10m.
- Other Ghost Changes
- Wraith – Wraiths never step in a salt pile now, and their weaknesses on the Journal page now reflect it.
- Obake – Obakes have a six percent chance to shapeshift and change ghost forms when it flickers, and every hunt has one chance of it happening.
- Revenant – Revenants no longer slow down instantly after losing line of sight and keep their increased speeds until they reach their last known position. Revenants also decrease their speeds gradually over 2.7 seconds instead of instantly
- Goryo – Goryos no longer change their room or roam long distances.
- Hantu – The Hantu’s cold breath now plays in any room during hunts if the breaker is off in the building with new and improved visuals.
- Yurei – The Yurei no longer use their ability when there is no door in their current room.
- Fog has returned!
- Fog will now only be where it makes sense and has received a visual overhaul
- Locations will start at the same temperature as Clear weather (8-15°C)
- Sunrise weather has been added
- Locations will start with temperatures between 10-18°C
- Weather effects have been completely recreated from the ground up
- Rain and snow have received large performance increases and improved visuals
- New graphics options have been added
- Sky light – For enabling sun or moonlight in each location
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Fog quality
- FidelityFX 1.0 – AI upscaling for better performance
- (Only compatible with AMD RX 400 GPUs and newer / Nvidia GTX 10 series GPUs and newer)
- Anti-Aliasing options – You can now choose between FXAA, SMAA, and MSAA. VR players can only choose MSAA
- You can now place crucifixes
- When placing the crucifix, you can now see the range of its effect on the environment
- All post-processing effects have been adjusted and improved
- Added a text option for voice recognition. This will show UI for selecting what question to ask on the Spirit Box and Ouija Board
- If you swap to a new PC or reinstall windows your save will now revert to your personal cloud backup
- The Smudge Sticks’ burn effect has been improved
- The Haunted Mirror’s effects and visibility have been improved
- Improved glowstick model and effects
- Transparent objects and effects will now receive shadows from lights
- Resetting your save file will now wipe your cloud backup
- Improved performance on campsite maps
- Fingerprints have been moved on Willow doors to be more consistently placed
- Radios are now interactable with the breaker off
- All players must now be further than 5m from the Ouija board before it breaks, instead of just the person who activated it
- The Ouija board will now auto-deactivate when walking outside the map.
- Sanity pills no longer disappear when using them. Instead, they now drop on the floor and are no longer useable
- Improved all candle wax effects when lit
- Improved two hiding spots in Sunny Meadows; one by the restricted area door and in the one restricted wing
- Small tent cloth is now translucent
- The ‘average sanity’ objective will now complete at the same time for all players
- The bone will no longer spawn inside other objects
- Tripods no longer count as electronic equipment after removing a camcorder
- Willow windows are now the correct way round
- The weekly challenge timer will now reset at the same time as the challenges themselves.
- The “Complete daily challenges” weekly challenge will now only trigger when a daily challenge completes, instead of when it progresses.
- You can no longer scroll to another item while placing something
- The ghost’s room will now show on the board in the truck in training
- The Deogen spirit box reply will now work if you are not crouched
- The morgue door VR grab point is now in the correct position
- Hitting the crouch button, then physically crouching in VR no longer pushes you enough into the floor that the ghost cannot kill you
- Computer monitors in prison no longer turn on when the power is off
- The “ghosts repelled” stat will now count if you are not the host
- In Sunny Medows, the female hallway light switch will no longer toggle the utility room’s light
- Journal on/off buttons are much clearer to understand
- The EULA accept button will no longer be clickable until you scroll to the bottom
- The objects moved stat will now correctly count poltergeist throws
- Your inventory will no longer break if you grab more than one item before joining a game
- Room reflections will now be accurate after turning a light on and off quickly
- Russian and Ukrainian fonts will no longer have grey boxes around most characters
- VR death room spawn position is now correct
Phasmophobia Patch Notes Apocalypse Update v0.7.3.0 November 10, 2022
- Added a cloud backup for save files. If your save file corrupts it will now revert to this instead of a local file backup
- The tripod will no longer count as an electronic if you place it
- The money spent stat will no longer increase when you add equipment in the lobby
- Ukrainian will now be abbreviated as UA instead of UK
- The Banshee and Moroi ability used stat will now work
- You can no longer kick the wrong player
- House candles will now block an Onryo hunt and will blow out in heavy rain without having to put them into your inventory first
- The haunted mirror will no longer count for the use cursed possessions challenge twice when using it
- The Oni, Wraith and Yokai will now correctly change their activity based on their traits
- The Goryo will now have half the chance to wander instead of double (for real this time)
- The Moroi ability used stat will now count when other players are cursed
- Other players equipment will now be removed from the lobby when they quit
- The voodoo doll will no longer float when thrown
- The bone will no longer spawn on the room above where it supposed to be
- Light switch EMF photos will now be named correctly
Phasmophobia Patch Notes Apocalypse Hotfix Sept 28, 2022
- Temporarily removed the reset save button until a warning gets added
- You will no longer get a grey eye in VR when smooth monitor view is enabled
- You will no longer be given free items
- VR players can now click the server buttons to join games
- Player volumes will no longer reset back to 100%
- The heartbeat sound will now stop playing when you die
- Server version is now displayed on the main menu
- You can now select Arabic as a language filter
- Thai player names will now be readable
- Japanese and Arabic are now much more readable
- Death amount stat will no longer count other players dying
- You can no longer progress challenges or get a reward when exiting training
- You will no longer get stuck on the error screen after receiving an error
- Performance improvements to Non-VR across all maps to hopefully fix the stuttering
- The journal player card report button can no longer be clicked if you have reported that player within the last 24 hours
- Sunny Meadows East and west foul linen rooms are now named correctly
- The old alarm clock animation will now play for the correct length
- Sunny Meadows courtyard steps are no longer black
- Sunny Meadows fallen doors will now make sounds when walked on, collide with items, and can have fingerprints left on them
Phasmophobia Patch Notes Apocalypse update Sept 27, 2022
- In Single-player, complete all 4 objectives and get a ghost photo in Sunny Meadows Mental Institution with the following Custom difficulty multipliers
- 15x or more: bronze
- 20x or more: silver
- 24x or more: gold
- Show off your trophies in your display cabinet!
A new difficulty where you can create your own games!
Modify existing difficulties or create your own, come up with crazy challenges or just have fun.
Each option is tied to a reward multiplier, so you can still earn money and XP from your Custom games.
- Sanity Pill restoration amount
- Starting sanity
- Sanity drain speed multiplier
- Sprinting use allowance
- Sprint recharge time
- Sprint duration
- Flashlights being broken
- Losing Items on death toggle
- Player speed multiplier
- Number of evidence given
- Chance of changing favorite Room
- Interaction amount
- Event frequency
- Hunt duration
- Grace period duration
- Fingerprint chance
- Fingerprint duration
- Disable hunts
- Kills extending hunts
- Roaming frequency
- Ghost speed multiplier
- Setup time
- Number of doors starting open
- Amount of hiding places
- Sanity monitor state
- Activity monitor state
- Fuse box map visibility
- Fuse box starting state
- Cursed Possessions quantity
- Cursed Possession choice(s)
You can save up to 3 Custom Difficulty presets in the main menu.
Sunny Meadows Mental Institution
The Asylum has been completely recreated from the ground up, featuring more distinctive room designs, a morgue, hospital wing, courtyard, and experimental area. Be warned, the ghost will lock each wing’s main door when it hunts, so prepare an escape route while you’re safe.
Sunny Meadows Mental Institution – RESTRICTED
Sunny Meadows is not only a large location but five small locations in one! The new location selection board allows you to vote to play a smaller, more restricted version of the asylum. Each time you enter, you will be given a random section to investigate, with the other sections blocked off or locked. This should help those who prefer playing smaller maps, and offer some variety each time you play!
Unlocked at level 22
A small version of Maple Lodge Campsite, featuring a brand new layout and much fewer rooms. Perfect for those looking for a quick outdoor retreat!
Unlocked at level 19
With the current system, often when a ghost interacts or throws an object, it barely moves. To remedy this, we’ve reworked how a ghost’s throw works to make sure it’s impactful, noticeable, and more exciting each time. Some ghosts have had their abilities and traits tweaked too.
- All hunting and event sound effects volume will now drop to 0% when at least 20m away, instead of just being quiet.
Note: This should also make the Myling strength more noticeable
- The singing sound caused by the music box playing will now drop to 0% volume when over 20m away
- Throws now have a minimum ‘Throw Power’, to avoid small throws
- [spoiler]1 – 3 Power (previously 0.1 – 2.5 Power)[/spoiler]
- Objects are now thrown higher, resulting in much more consistent throws
- During hunts, objects are thrown more often
- [spoiler]50% chance to throw an object in range, every 0.5 seconds [/spoiler]
- [spoiler]Poltergeist – 100% chance to throw an object in range, every 0.5 seconds[/spoiler]
- The Oni super throw has been moved to Poltergeist, as it is more thematical
- [spoiler]2 – 6 power (previously 0 – 5 power) [/spoiler]
- Oni has received additional traits:
- [spoiler]Oni will now drain double the sanity of a normal ghost during ghost events [/spoiler]
- [spoiler] Oni can now be seen for longer periods when flickering during hunts [/spoiler]
- [spoiler] Demon’s rare ability to hunt above 70% will now happen more reliably[/spoiler]
Jinn’s sanity drain ability has received adjustments
- [spoiler] The ability will now trigger if you’re in the same room, or within 3m of the ghost[/spoiler]
- [spoiler] The ability will now create EMF at the fuse box if any player is drained, not just the host [/spoiler]
Through the in-game journal, players can now report others who they believe are breaking our terms of service.
- Player reports will be reviewed by our team and punished accordingly, depending on the offense
- Bans are progressive and increase in duration for multiple offenses, some offenses may start further in the chain than others
- 2 days
- 7 days
- 30 days
- You may also be banned from abusing the reporting system, e.g. spam reporting players
- To report a player, open the new ‘Recent players’ tab in the journal, and click the report icon next to that player’s name
- If banned, you will still be able to play single-player games.
- Due to paranormal entities appearing in our base of operations, Ghost Huntin’ Distribution has moved everyone into a new office! A warehouse has been converted with a shop, new investigation boards, access to the truck, and a staff room (coming soon)
- Player ID cards have been added
- A ‘Detailed Statistics’ page has been added to the post-game screen
- A long-term stat tracking page has been added to the journal for various player and ghost stats
- You will now connect to the last region you were in instead of connecting to your best ping region
- The journal is now usable in the Main Menu room
- Steam users can now view and add friends through the new ‘Recent players’ journal tab
- Weekly challenges have been added
More will be added with the Progression Update
- Shortcut buttons have been added to jump between the Location Selection, Main Menu, and Shop screens, additionally you can use the keyboard arrow keys for navigation
- The whiteboard in the Truck has been replaced with a progressively updating Investigation Board
- New collectible cabinets have been added to the lobby, try to fill them both!
- The first time you use a Cursed Possession, it will be added to your collection
- Collecting each type of bone will add it to your collection, some need to be collected twice!
More collectibles will be added, closer to the full release of the game
- The shop has been moved to a separate computer in the lobby
- Players can now create loadouts for their equipment
Additional loadouts will be added with the Progression Update
- You can now view Daily and Weekly challenges in the Truck
- Equipment items are now placeable back onto the truck’s equipment wall
- You can now take photos of new interactions to gain extra rewards
- D.O.T.S. ghost
- Used Crucifix (1 or 2 uses)
- The salt pile (when a ghost steps in it)
- Ghost Writing will now display as ‘Ghost Writing’ instead of ‘Interaction’
- When the ghost attempts to hunt but is blocked by a crucifix, it will now create an EMF 2 reading
- Added a house candle to Grafton
- Arabic now has text and voice recognition support
- VR players will now see a loading screen to help with loading jitters
- Save files will now create a backup and automatically restore if they corrupt
- Controls for equipment have changed to become consistent
- If an object is placeable, it will always use the secondary button (default: F)
- If an object is usable, it will always use the primary button (default: Right Mouse)
Note: This means that smudge sticks are now used with Right Mouse! Don’t forget it!
- Collecting the bone will now grant more rewards when playing on larger maps
- Large – $30
- Medium – $20
- Small – $10
- The photo ‘point’ system has been removed, instead, players will receive a set amount of money and XP per photo they take. This also allowed us to even out the rewards for photos, so that getting a certain ghost type won’t become a “feels bad” moment for what photos you can take
- $5 – 3 star / $2 – 2 star / $1 – 1 star
- Dead body
- Cursed possessions
- Salt pile stepped in
- DOTS ghost
- Ghost writing
- $10 – 3 star / $5 – 2 star / $2 – 1 star
- Used crucifix
- Dirty water
- $20 – 3 star / $10 – 2 star / $5 – 1 star
- $5 – 3 star / $2 – 2 star / $1 – 1 star
Note: Photos are no longer affected by the difficulty multiplier, but with these changes, you’ll be getting more money than before!
- The photo priority system has been improved
- Items are “scored” by distance and how close they are to the middle of the photo. The top “scoring” item will give rewards
- Ghosts will always take priority over other items
- The reliability of the system has been improved
Note: This also means that you will always get interaction photos before fingerprint photos, get those UV lights back out!
- The placement highlight mechanic has been reworked
- You will only see the highlight when holding down your designated placement key (PC: default ‘F’ / VR: Trigger) and release to place
- Moving the mouse left/right whilst the F key is held, will rotate the highlight object
- You can now place and rotate the tripod
- Various equipment’s placeable areas have been adjusted
- The fuse box has received a new design, when in house and farmhouse locations
- Sanity drain for “Hide and seek” is now 0%
- The key in the truck has been moved to hang next to the door keypad, instead of on the desk
- Increased rewards for all Daily Challenges
- Rewards for playing on medium and large maps have been increased
- You can now view 10 photos in the lobby room (increased from 6), from your previous game
- To improve performance, objects will no longer render when behind closed doors
- Adjusted the visuals for skyboxes, for each weather, so that they are more realistic
- Improved the heavy rain and snow effects and performance
- The main menu options screen has been removed, and is now accessible only in the Journal
- Some locations have been renamed
- When dead, players can now see doors, but walk through them
- The volume of the guitar being played and camping stove toggle, has been lowered
- Ghosts will no longer see you through the trees by the cabin in Maple Lodge Campsite
- Ghosts can no longer set these rooms as its favorite in Maple Lodge Campsite:
- Central path
- North path
- North East path
- Picnic area
- Rebaked occlusion in Maple Lodge Campsite which may improve performance
- The Journal default button on a gamepad is now “select” instead of D-Pad up
- Room names for the Sound Sensors will now be in the room they are placed in, instead of the room you were standing in when you placed it
- Candles will now extinguish when placed into your inventory
- Ghosts now use the sprinting footstep sound when hunting on dirt floors
- Reduced RAM usage for fonts, this is significant in languages with many characters
- Adjusted several lights bloom values
- Adjusted campfire particles and bloom
- Fixed long-distance roams, chance is now:
- High – 30% when wandering
- Medium – 20% when wandering
- Low – 10% when wandering
- Fixed ghost changing favorite room’s chance, for example:
- If a ghost long roams and ends up in a new room, do a chance check
- Low – 33%
- Medium – 66%
- High – 100%
- Then do a check based on insanity (e.g., 30% sanity = 70%)
- If successful for both chances, change favorite room
- Goryo will now have half the chance of other ghosts to long-roam instead of double
- Myling will now decrease the audible range of its hunt audio, instead of only footsteps.
- If you have less than 16% sanity when lighting the last Summoning Circle, the ghost will now hunt instantly after being summoned
- When the summoning circle is lit, the ghost’s position will now sync faster for non-hosts
- Fingerprints on camping lamps will now be the correct size
- You can no longer place objects on the truck ceiling
- Fixed a rare issue where the voice recognition would not work due to an empty voice models file
- Picking up a tripod with a camcorder attached by someone else, will no longer break the camcorder
- You are no longer unkillable when hiding under stairs or similar objects in some locations
- The hiding spot next to the cabin will no longer get you killed
- Grafton’s upstairs locker can now be blocked
- Bleasdale’s workshop locker can now be blocked
- Having ALT as your push-to-talk button will no longer keep your voice active after alt-tabbing
- The toilets upstairs in Edgefield now flush
- Ghosts will no longer affect the living room collider when standing on the basement stairs in Tanglewood
- You can no longer glitch behind the small tents to access safe spots
- The Mare will no longer stop attempting to do its light switch ability after you use the light switch several times
- Doors will no longer spin when closing for a hunt
Phasmophobia Patch Notes July 16, 2022
- Spanish can now use Windows voice recognition.
- Brazilian Portuguese can no longer use Windows voice recognition.
Phasmophobia Patch Notes July 15, 2022
- Added an option in the main menu to change back to the old windows voice recognition. This will only be available if your language and platform supports it.
- The full list of supported languages are: English, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish.
- Fixed the Reset text on the controls screen being bigger than the button for some languages.
Phasmophobia Patch Notes July 11, 2022
- You can no longer light other players smudge sticks.
- Ghost footsteps will no longer stop spawning during hunts for fast ghosts.
- VR players can now hear the Truck footstep sounds.
- VR players can now grab objects when not connected to the server.
- Each Spirit Box will now have the same type of sounds.
- Fixed a bug where ghosts wouldn’t play footstep sounds on all surfaces they walked on.
- Fixed several issues related to the ghost not checking for players behind doors.
- Ghosts will no longer wander far away multiple times in a row.
- The Maple Campsite CCTV counter will now show the correct values.
- The campfire will now show the correct temperature on the Thermometer.
- The campfire will now increase the room temperature for everyone when lit by another player.
Phasmophobia Patch Notes June 25, 2022
- Removed the extra chances to get a Deogen, Thaye and Moroi.
- Fixed an issue where some languages were getting the same responses on the spirit box and Ouija board for all questions asked.
- The Thaye will now answer questions correctly.
Phasmophobia Truck Overhaul Hotfix June 15, 2022
- Removed the extra chances to get a Deogen, Thaye and Moroi.
- Fixed an issue where some languages were getting the same responses on the spirit box and Ouija board for all questions asked.
- The Thaye will now answer questions correctly.
Phasmophobia Truck Overhaul Hotfix June 15, 2022
- Ghost footsteps now have different sounds depending on what the Ghost is walking on, similar to players
- Updated Deogen weakness description to stop some confusion
- Reduced the volume of the truck footstep sounds
- Improved the rate that ghost footstep sounds play
- Improvements to load times
- Adjusted how the Thaye’s weakness works
- The Thaye will now answer questions correctly
- You can now open the new ghost type pages in VR
- The Deogen’s speed changes are now smoother
- Ghost footsteps will no longer play when the ghost isn’t moving, including the hunt grace period
- Non-VR players will no longer accidentally light nearby smudge sticks when holding a candle or lighter
- Fixed the missing characters on the tutorial tv screen for non-English languages
- Fixed an issue where some steam names were being renamed to “reserved name”
Phasmophobia Truck Overhaul Patch Notes June 10, 2022
We’ve had reports of three new entities haunting several locations, more information is available in the Journal:
- Risen from the grave to curse their victims
- These three ghosts will have an increased chance to spawn for 2 weeks
We’re introducing “The Investigation Period” along with these new ghost types!
This gives players around two weeks to try and work out the ghosts’ abilities, traits and secrets before we update these patch notes with the specifics (spoilered of course). We’re hoping this will bring back the original investigator feeling and allow players to work together, as a team, to uncover the truth!
Our Voice recognition system has been completely replaced!
We are no longer relying on Windows’ speech systems, meaning it supports many more languages and platforms, such as ‘GeForce Now’ and Steam Deck, with no setup required (and fixes that pesky tab-out bug).
- You now only need to set your microphone in-game, instead of your ‘Windows Default Microphone’
- You can now see the input volume of your microphone in the Audio Settings
- Additional microphone input options have been added:
- Voice Detector Sensitivity
- Noise Suppression
- Due to the new system only working if you are in a server, the voice recognition test has been removed.
Note: The above additional Audio options are only available while in-game, through the Journal’s Options menu
Currently supported languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Brazilian Portuguese
- More languages will be added in a future update
- The Truck has received new models, a new layout, and materials
- Equipment is now placed on the wall in the Truck
Placing any equipment back on the wall, similarly to head cameras, will be added with the ‘Custom Difficulty’ update
- When lit, the campfire in Maple Lodge Campsite will now increase the temperature of the area around it
- The Maple Lodge Campfire will now show a hot temperature reading on a Thermometer
- You can now buy four lighters and three salt shakers
- Added new footstep sounds for the metal floor in the Truck and on the ramp
- The number of free hiding spots will now be increased when playing multi-player games
- Three players: +1 hiding spot
- Four players: +2 hiding spots
- The voice recognition splash-screen has been removed, as it is no longer needed
- The map screen in the truck now has up and down arrows for changing floors, instead of a single button
- When using their ability, Jinn will now leave EMF at the Fuse Box rather than where they are currently stood
- You will now never see ‘ghost mist’ when the ghost type is an Oni
- The cursor will no longer lock when playing in VR
- All locations have had their lighting re-baked, to a higher quality, to help reduce any light leaks and artifacts
- The chance for the Mare light ability has been slightly increased
- Replaced the Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Greek, and Japanese fonts to be more readable
- Sanity Pills can no longer be duplicated for extra uses
- Sanity Pills will now give the correct insurance amount
- You can now use the main menu boom-box in VR
- The delay when taking a photo has been removed
- Yurei can no longer drain your sanity when you are outside the location
- Yurei will no longer stop interacting if they use their ability in the Willow garage
- You can now interact with all interactable objects in VR
- The photo camera sound will now muffle correctly between floors
- You can no longer light Lighters with lit Candles
- Candles can now be lit with other lit Candles
- Candle and Lighter flames will now cast the correct shadows
- The shoulder flashlight will no longer break when closing and opening the truck door
- Fixed missing Korean and Traditional Chinese text
- The controls text in the training will no longer overlap the keybind text
- Potential fix for the VR runtime launching when playing without VR
Phasmophobia Patch Notes April 23, 2022
- Candle and lighter flames will now render on top of all objects.
- Sink water splashes ripples will now render on top of sink water.
- Dirty water will now render its murky texture correctly.
- Your sprint stamina will now drain correctly on the main menu.
Phasmophobia Patch Notes April 21, 2022
- Further improved water / dirty water effects to increase distinction between the two.
- Really removed the eggs in Bleasdale and Grafton this time…
- The Greek font has been changed to be more readable. An update soon will fix the multiple font issues on most languages.
- The flame shader will no longer render after some opaque geometry.
- You can no longer pull small tent doors a long way.
- Tent doors now rotate with your hand in VR.
- Improved tarot card and maple basketballs held position in VR.
- Throwing a tarot card no longer floats away when thrown mid animation in VR.
- Opening the Journal whilst sprinting no longer drains stamina.
- The ghost will now open closet doors if you are hiding behind them but not inside the closet.
- The voice recognition test will now work in all languages.
Phasmophobia Patch Notes April 20, 2022
- Added a cooler box hiding spot outside the cabin.
- Ghosts can now leave fingerprints on locker doors.
- Removed the Easter egg hunt.
- Optimised several Maple Lodge Campsite textures to lower RAM usage.
- Adjusted the Tanglewood basement hiding spot to help it be more consistent.
- The VR voice toggle button is now on the right controller (The controls screen will be updated in the next patch).
- Grabbing the journal and walkie talkie in VR is now much easier in VR.
- Optimized the mesh that fingerprints use.
- Small tent doors are now easier to grab in VR.
- Cornhole boards in Maple Lodge Campsite will now render correctly from a distance.
- You can now grab the wooden doors in Prison in VR.
- The candle flame will now render correctly.
- Fixed inconsistencies in the journal UI.
- Removed the visual artefact on the fairy light posts.
- Dirty water will no longer be overly dark.
- The keyboard in Willow will now have the correct texture.
- Video options’ text will no longer clip in the main menu; when using languages other than English.
- Other VR players can no longer hover items of your belt which caused your belt highlight to activate.
- The VR UI indicator for Prison cell doors will now line up with your hand.
Phasmophobia Easter Event Hotfix v0.6.1.3 Patch Notes April 15, 2022
Easter is upon us!
- Each location now has several Easter eggs to hunt and find!
- You can track how many eggs are left to find under the map image in the truck
- Finding all of them in the location will restore each team members’ sanity to 100%
- This event will last until April 19th
(Egg colours are not synced in multiplayer but will still function correctly)
- Added a visual indicator for PC (bottom left) and VR (belt) when using toggle voice
- Increased the brightness of the CCTV night vision in Prison
- VR hold positions for all equipment have been refined, to make the hand model line up with your controller
- Fixed a bug where the CCTV camera number wasn’t updating in the truck
- Fixed a bug where Banshee’s were killing non-targets near doors
- Fixed a bug where hidden Willow hiding spots would still occlude the level
- Fixed a bug where a Ridgeview basement light didn’t turn on
- Fixed a bug where the ghost couldn’t interact with one of the paintings
- Fixed a bug where the top daily challenge slider was interactable
- Fixed a bug where the Voodoo Doll’s left-hand rotation was wrong
- Fixed a bug where you were unable to light house candles
- Potential fix for the VIVE Cosmos mute button not working
Phasmophobia Update v0.6.1.0 Patch Notes April 12, 2022
Hiding Spots Locations
Our first approach to reducing the overuse of door hiding didn’t work too well, so we’ve reverted several doors for better navigation, but given our ghosts a lesson in how to play hide and seek properly!
In the last update, Willow got the full hiding spot treatment, and the other locations were feeling a little left out! We’ve gone through said locations to adjust, add or remove hiding spots to make them more consistent and reliable:
Ghosts will now always check behind doors during hunts, use at your own risk!
Several doors and light switch positions have been reverted to their pre-VR overhaul position/rotation to help with navigation through rooms.
Tanglewood Street House
- Added a clutter hiding spot in the Nursery.
- Added a plywood hiding spot in the basement.
- Added cooler boxes in the basement that the ghost can leave fingerprints on.
Edgefield Street House
- Added a locker to the garage.
- Rotated a closet to stop a safe spot.
Ridgeview Road House
- The ground floor room layout has been changed.
- Added an additional locker in the Garage.
- Added a clutter hiding spot in the ground floor walk-in closet.
- Added a clutter hiding spot in the Basement.
- Added a clutter hiding spot in the Living Room.
Willow Street House
- Added a clutter hiding spot to the Living Room.
- Added a clutter hiding spot to the Blue Bedroom.
- The armchair in the Master Bedroom will now move depending on if that spot is blocked or not.
- The washer/dryer hiding spot has been removed to help better spread out rooms with free spots.
- Added a clutter hiding spot in the ground floor Office.
- Added a clutter hiding spot in the Foyer (behind the grandfather clock).
- Moved the fuse box spawn to accommodate.
- Moved the washer and dryer in the Utility Room (and added a blocker).
- Moved the room divider in the Master Bedroom.
- Moved the room divider in the Attic.
- Moved a cupboard in the Attic.
- Moved the Bleasdale hallway fuse box spawn to the adjacent wall.
- Adjusted layout of the ground floor Utility Room.
- Added a clutter hiding spot in the Utility Room.
- Added a cupboard hiding spot in the Foyer.
- Added a locker to the Entrance Room.
- Added a locker to the Infirmary.
- Added a bin hiding spot in the Cafeteria.
- Added a bin hiding spot upstairs in the Cafeteria.
- You can now adjust the forward/backward position of your VR Belt in the settings.
- You can now change where your Journal and Walkie-Talkie are located in the VR settings:
- Adjusted the intensity and range of some lights in Edgefield.
- All scrollbars in VR have been replaced by up and down buttons.
- Moved the Tanglewood Utility door from the kitchen to the hallway.
- Adjusted some materials in Tanglewood.
- Adjusted the position of the VR journal grab point.
- Added buttons to scroll up and down in the EULA in VR.
- The grip force required to grab objects in VR with an Index controller has been reduced.
- Held items in VR will no longer be dropped if your hand moves too far away.
- Updated the main journal font to work with more languages instead of using a fallback font.
- Props and equipment will now teleport to your tracked hand position if they are too far away, instead of dropping them in VR.
- Fixed a bug where the reflections in some areas would be the skybox colour.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t take photos of fingerprints on the patio doors.
- Fixed a bug where keyboard fingerprints used the wrong texture and were clipping.
- Fixed a bug where the Obake unique light-switch fingerprint wasn’t obvious enough.
- Fixed a bug where the fingerprints were in the wrong location on the dirty light switches.
- Fixed an issue where the Truck monitor font was only set up for English localization.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t navigate the main menu UI using a gamepad/ controller.
- Fixed a bug where ghost events and interactions wouldn’t work with the Willow Garage door.
- Fixed a bug where you could use equipment with right-click when using the journal.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t place the equipment on the Tanglewood basement rug.
- Fixed several safe spots.
- Fixed a bug where DOTS and Motion Sensor were still in the wrong orientation when grabbed.
- Fixed a bug where you could sometimes hear VR Footstep sounds when you weren’t moving.
- Fixed a bug where some pianos couldn’t be played.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t grab doors in Asylum and School.
- Fixed a bug where you could see VR players’ belts when they were dead.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t grab objects when you were dead including the Journal.
- Fixed a bug where you didn’t drop their held items where they died.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t see the full death hand animation.
- Fixed a bug where the VR Journal sounds could be heard from far away.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t change players volume slider in the menu in VR.
- Potential fix for oculus rift S touch controllers not being able to crouch.
- Fixed a bug where some VR player character models had black eyes.
Phasmophobia VR Overhaul Patch Notes April 7, 2022
Kinetic Games has completely overhauled the VR in Phasmophobia, with an entirely new VR System. This means it’ll have better performance, feel smoother to play, with interactions and input, as well as bug fixes from the old VR System.
- All major headsets are now officially supported, and in the future as more are released they should work by default
- VR players will now see a small cursor when attempting to grab objects
- There are 2 options for grabbing objects
- Toggle – Press the button to grab, press it again to release
- Hold – Requiring you to keep the button pressed down to keep hold of things
Index users note: you can change from squeeze to grab in your SteamVR settings, to replicate grabbing in other games
- Equipment belt and head camera slots in the truck will now highlight when attempting to slot something into them
- ‘VR Seated Mode’ and ‘Left Handed Mode’ have been added to the options
- Height Calibration has been added to the options, allowing you to align your player character model with your real-life body
- New hand poses and animations have been added for better visual feedback, such as using a light switch and opening doors
- You can now swap objects between your hands by grabbing
- You can now simulate crouching in VR by pressing the right thumbstick/ trackpad
- You can snap turn 180 degrees by pressing down (if snap turning is enabled)
- The walkie-talkie and journal are now placed on the belt to make them easier to grab and use
- Improved VR throwing physics so you can now accurately throw objects
- Smooth Camera mode has been improved for better recording and streaming of VR gameplay
- Improved character walking animations for VR players in multiplayer
- New model and textures for the VR belt
- All OpenXR runtimes are now supported eg. Oculus / Mixed Reality Portal etc.
It’s recommended by Kinetic Games, once updated, to head into the in-game VR options/settings and tweak everything to your liking, to get your desired experience.
We’ve been keeping a watchful eye through our employee hidden cameras and have found that a lot of our ghost hunters love hiding behind doors (hell, even we’ve done it!). However, this has caused several major issues;
- Some spots are so good, you can’t be killed at all
- It negates the hiding spot blockers in higher difficulties
- It neglects the initial scout of the location to find places to hide, as you can just go to the same door every time
While we don’t want to make hiding impossible, as it’s a key part of gameplay, we have made some changes to help encourage hiding in designated spots instead of behind doors, improved some spots that weren’t working consistently, and added new ones.
- If a spot is blocked, sometimes Instead of adding objects, some spots will have items removed instead (e.g. a shelf you can hide behind no longer being there)
- The number of blocked hiding spots in all locations has been adjusted, and you will now always have a minimum number of hiding spots per difficulty
- Amateur = All hiding spots
- Intermediate = 3+ hiding spots
- Professional = 2+ hiding spots
- Nightmare = 1+ hiding spot(s)
- Door flaps have been added to the small tents within Maple Lodge Campsite, they will now work as normal hiding spots, similarly to closets in other locations
- Several doors, objects and walls have been added or moved to remove several unintended safe spots
- Willow Street House has received significant changes to make hiding spots much more consistent
- The screens in the Truck have been updated
- The sound sensor has received new visuals and functionality
- Sound sensors now cover a spherical area of sound instead of a thin cube, and its size has been increased
- Sound Sensors are now placed in the same way as candles and cameras, on tables, floors and other objects
- Sounds are now displayed more accurately when shown on the monitor in the van
- You can now choose different options for how your voice is transmitted locally
- Voice activation
- Push to talk
- On/Off Toggle
- (Global/walkie-talkie transmission will always be push to talk)
- Obake can now leave unique evidence on light switches, keyboards and prison cell doors
- A double fingerprint on light switches.
- Five fingerprints on prison doors and keyboards.
- You can now cross off ghost types in the journal
- Dead players can now sprint infinitely
- New fingerprints have been added for light switches, keyboards and prison cell doors
- The amount of possible first and last names for ghosts has been greatly increased
- Ghosts can now knock on the patio doors in Ridgeview and Tanglewood (and leave fingerprints)
- New sounds have been added
- Added a light switch and ceiling light to the Edgefield basement
- Added several colliders to trees in Maple Lodge Campsite
- Ghosts can now interact with keyboards to turn on desktop computers in the house maps
- The Soft Shadows setting will now affect all lights instead of only equipment lights
- The previous game’s photos in the lobby are now easier to see
- Added sounds to lockers
- Added a light switch to the cleaning closet in Maple Campsite
- Added eyelashes to the player models
- Added fingerprints to the toilet stall doors in Prison, Asylum and School
- Updated engine for better performance, increased stability and VR compatibility
- Volumetric Lighting has been temporarily removed and will return with the Foggy weather in a later update
- Fingerprints will now be placed on the light switch instead of next to it
- Several light switches have been moved to more intuitive positions
- Several assets have been moved (such as garden fences) to better align them with the environment
- Several floors have had their materials changed
- The Parabolic Microphone will now update faster
- Every 1 second (previously 2 seconds)
- Audio effects have been adjusted to improve distinction of sounds between different floors
- Lighting has been adjusted in Ridgeview, Edgefield and Tanglewood to improve performance
- Thunder sound effects have been improved to be more dynamic during heavy rain
- Improved effects for sink taps
- Replaced sink tap audio
- Scrolling with the scroll wheel in the journal has been improved
- Some spotlights have been adjusted so that they also illuminate the ceiling (e.g. Willow kitchen, Tanglewood garage)
- The computer in Tanglewood is now turned on with the keyboard instead of the screen
- Placement holograms will no longer cast or receive shadows
- Replaced EU plug sockets with US ones
- Locker doors now have slots you can see through
- Prison doors are now much easier to slide
- Sanity pills price has been reduced to $20 (to accommodate for the bug fix below)
- Players talking, including using the walkie-talkie, no longer give readings on the parabolic microphone and sound sensor
- Reduced the polygon count of many objects, mainly the bed in Edgefield
- Fixed a bug where some ghost events didn’t play ghost sounds
- Fixed a bug where you could sometimes grab a tent door that was not visible (e.g., behind you)
- Fixed a bug where some lights in the farmhouses wouldn’t stop your sanity draining
- Fixed a bug where the Onryo wouldn’t interact correctly if you didn’t get the Summoning Circle Cursed Possession
- Fixed a bug where the ghost event objective would complete when there was no ghost event
- Fixed a safe spot in the Ridgeview garage
- Fixed a bug where sprint stamina wasn’t re-generating if you had your journal open
- Fixed a bug where the journal brightness setting was higher than the main menu setting
- Fixed a bug where after a hunt; the ghosts audio would fade out and back in briefly
- Fixed a bug where Sanity Pills were not being removed from your inventory if used or if you died
- Fixed a bug where the mist ghost event wasn’t working correctly
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would not walk towards you during some ghost events
VR Known Bugs
- Scrollbars in the main menu are hard to use
- You will need to grab objects twice if you were not the last player to grab them
- Applying settings whilst crouched resets your height
- Can’t grab some cabinet doors
Phasmophobia Patch Notes February 2022
- Demons have had their weakness replaced with the Banshee’s, as it is more thematical and serves as a better counter to their strength.
- Crucifixes will stop a hunt starting within 5m instead of 3m.
- Banshee has received a new weakness and new abilities.
- Weakness: Banshees can sometimes be heard wailing with a parabolic microphone.
- The Banshee’s paranormal sound has been improved.
- Singing ghost events will now drain an extra 5% sanity on the Banshee’s target.
- Banshees will only check their targets sanity % for initiating a hunt in multiplayer.
- Banshees will often wander toward their target when roaming.
- We’ve found that some Shades are particularly fond of showing themselves early on in contracts, so we’ve dialled them back a bit to avoid confusion with other ghosts:
- Shades will have a much lower chance to perform ghost events, returning to normal as average player sanity decreases.
- For every 1% of average sanity lost, ghost event chance is increased by 2% (capped at 100%), for example:
- 100% average sanity = 0% chance.
- 75% average sanity = 50% chance.
- 50% average sanity = 100% chance.
- Poltergeist’s ability will now reduce the sanity of all players around the ghost instead of just one player.
- 2% sanity drain per object thrown.
- Hantu have become the new ghost people love to loop, which is great. However, they weren’t threatening when they should be! So we’ve given them some speed and ability changes to make them a bit more frightening in the cold.
- Hantu now have double the chance to turn off the power.
- Hantu will now show their breath in room temperatures of 3°C or lower.
- Hantu maximum speed has been increased, and will change speed between smaller temperature brackets.
- 1.4 m/s= 15°C+.
- 1.5 m/s= 12°C.
- 1.65 m/s= 9°C.
- 1.8 m/s= 6°C.
- 2.2 m/s= 3°C.
- 2.5 m/s= 0°C.
- ’The High Priestess’ tarot card has received new functionality, which should help with drawing one early, playing solo and to counter some of the risk involved with other cards.
- Drawing this card when no one is dead will revive the next player who dies.
- ’The Tower’ card and Voodoo Doll pins can now force the ghost to interact with the Ghost Writing Book, DOTS Projector and doors, instead of only interacting with clutter.
- Voodoo Doll’s sanity drain has been reduced.
- Normal pins from 10% to 5%.
- Heart pin from 20% to 10%.
- Grey ’Ghost’ text will no longer appear in the journal when taking a second ghost photo.
- Ghosts will no longer turn on lights before smashing them.
- Fixed a bug where the Voodoo Doll was only working for the host.
- Fixed a bug where the Ghost Writing evidence interaction was not showing on sound sensors or the parabolic microphone.
- Fixed a bug where solo players could use the Spirit Box and Ouija Board without pressing their voice key if ’push to talk’ was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the Hantu freezing breath would be visible when the ghost wasn’t visible.
- Fixed a bug where the Banshee would not set a new target until the next hunt if the target disconnected.
- Fixed a bug where the Banshee was not changing target after killing a player in Nightmare.
- Fixed a bug where drawing ’The Tower’ card at the same time a hunt starts would cancel it.
- Fixed a bug where the Ouija Board would not play a sound on the first letter movement.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost could not turn on and off lights when the host was dead.
- Fixed a bug where the other players photo camera screens would turn on when they walked out of the truck (this is intentional for performance reasons).
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would sometimes think you still had a photo camera in your hand during a hunt if you dropped it.
- Fixed a bug where ghost’s wouldn’t notice you holding a photo camera during a hunt (if the host was in the truck when you grabbed it).
- Fixed a bug where lightning only struck once during heavy rain.
- Fixed a bug where rain and snow effects would turn on and off when another player walked in and out of the truck.
- Fixed a bug where lights in several maps did not play sounds or particle effects when smashed by a ghost.
- Fixed a bug where asking to play “hide and seek” with the Ouija board would restart the hunt if one already started during the countdown.
- Fixed a bug where having equipment turned on in your inventory would speed up the Raiju during a hunt.
- Fixed an issue where you could spam light switches to force the Mare’s ability.
- Fixed an issue where some blocked hiding spots in Bleasdale and Grafton were stopping you from interacting with certain objects.
- Potential fix for the ghost not always showing in ghost photos taken by other players.
- Last patch has been reverted due to a bug which is causing the main door to not unlock.
- The update is now out with the hotfix.
Phasmophobia Patch Notes January 20
- Increased the chance for ghost events on small maps
- Significantly reduced the distance that paranormal sounds are heard away from the ghost’s location with the Parabolic Microphone so that they are now near the ghost.
- Push to talk will now enable when playing solo if you have the option selected instead of forcing your microphone always on
- The hunt will now end if you glitch outside of the level after the hunt has started
- The Asylum toilet cubicles doors will now all start closed to make it easier to find the ghost if it is in those rooms
- Ghosts should no longer appear in non-ghost photos taken by other players
- You can now only get a 2nd ghost photo when there is no other evidence in the photo
- Fixed a bug where paranormal sounds could not be heard on the Parabolic Microphone
- Fixed a bug where you could not take an evidence photo of the Mirror when it was on the wall on some maps
- Fixed a bug where the ghost evidence would take priority on different cameras if you already had a ghost photo
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would open your closet if it heard you outside of it before you entered
- Fixed a bug where the Prison cell light switches were turning on the wrong lights
- Fixed a bug where Banshees could not hear non hosts player voices or equipment during hunts
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was only doing ghost events around the host
- Fixed a bug where the room lights were not flickering during hunts
- Fixed a bug where the TV in the Maple Cabin did not turn on
- Fixed a bug where using the Voodoo Doll with no sanity would not trigger a hunt
- Fixed a bug where the Phantom would only disappear on the first photo you took of it
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would stay near the dead body after killing someone if it can’t see anyone
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would search around your last known location until the end of the hunt if it did not see another player. It will now only search for a short amount of time.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would give EMF 2 when attempting to interact with a door when it didn’t move the door
- Fixed a bug where fingerprints would sometimes spawn on doors when the ghost has not interacted with it
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t interact with some Prison showers
- Fixed a bug where the painting interactions were giving EMF 2 instead of 3
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was still taking priority for photos after you already had a ghost photo
- Fixed an issue where Raiju’s would change speed too slowly when reaching electronic equipment
- Fixed a bug where three of the female characters would have broken audio when holding equipment
- Fixed a bug where you could hold the bear and mobile phone through the main door making the ghost think you were on the other side
- Fixed a bug where the Voodoo Doll wouldn’t spawn in the correct position for non-hosts
- Fixed a bug where the Tarot Card would make an impact sound after being fully used
- Fixed a bug where the Haunted Mirror would still show the last frame of the room when it broke
- Fixed a bug where some noise values would keep showing on the Parabolic Microphone when there was no sound
- Fixed a bug where the Twin interaction could stop a hunt
- Fixed a bug where player volumes were resetting when loading back to the main menu
- Fixed a bug where you could hear other players when they were fully muted
Phasmophobia Patch Notes January 10
- Added a priority system for the photo evidence detection (top to bottom):
- Dead Body
- Cursed Items
- Dirty Water
- Removed Christmas event decorations and changes
- Maple Lodge Campsite will now have random weather again
- Lowered the volume of the bulb smash sound
- You can no longer take multiple photos of a Ghost, instead it will search for different evidence within the photo
- Ghost photos are now much easier to take, especially when the ghost is partially hidden
- Removed the double chance for the Mimic to spawn
- Lights will no longer randomly flicker away from the ghost when the ghost is hunting
- Fixed a bug where the ghost could not hear host players during hunts
- Fixed a bug where you could not take a photo of some door and light switch interactions
- Fixed a bug where the refrigerator audio was still playing if the power was off at the start of the game
- Fixed a bug where the Mirror was showing the wrong area on some maps and outside the map on Asylum
- Fixed an issue where the Prison Ouija Board was spawning sideways
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would kill you if it heard you in a closet and then you moved into a different closet
- Fixed a bug on Willow where some sounds near the ceiling on the first floor would get muffled
- Fixed a bug where the ghost could interact with the DOTS Projector when it was turned off
- Fixed a bug where you could get a ghost photo if the ghost was directly behind you when taking a photo
- Fixed a bug where the small house candle did not emit any light
- Fixed a bug where you could hear dead players after being revived
Phasmophobia Patch Notes December 13
- You can no longer ask the ghost to play hide and seek with the Ouija board during a hunt.
- Voodoo Doll heart pins will now trigger the hunt instantly, instead of after the animation.
- Several improvements with how the ghost navigates to you during a hunt.
- Hantu’s freezing breath will now only be visible in freezing temperature rooms.
- The ghost can no longer choose Asylum hallways or staircases as it’s favourite room.
- The mirror’s view into the ghost’s room will now keep rotating instead of resetting each time you look at it.
- Several improvements to how the ghost wanders.
- Lowered the chance for the ghost to wander.
- The cursed possessions can no longer be used outside the location as there is no risk.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost could not kill you if you were stood in some open closets.
- Fixed a bug where you could stop the “hide and seek” question hunt.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost could get stuck on top of the black car in Ridgeview.
- Fixed a bug when holding the Ouija Board as it broke would make you unkillable.
- Fixed a bug where the Summoning Circle was only draining 20% sanity when the ghost spawned, instead of 16% per candle.
- Fixed a bug where lighting the summoning circle during a hunt would reset the hunt.
- Fixed a bug where the Music Box was always spawning on Asylum.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was always wandering between floors.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was able to get far away from its room if it wandered multiple times in a row.
- Fixed a bug where the Tanglewood kitchen sink’s water wasn’t aligned correctly.
- Fixed several font and missing character issues.
- Fixed a bug where a blue bucket’s handle was disappearing when you moved away from it.
- Fixed a bug where the Ouija board was instantly breaking when used by a VR player.
Phasmophobia Cursed Possessions Update v0.5.0 Patch Notes December 10
- Several new items have been added: The Cursed Possessions.
- Each location will feature 1 of 6 items, randomly chosen at the start of each contract. There are several spawn points for each item, so get searching!
- Cursed Possessions trade sanity for information, but be warned; using these items can cause an additional negative effect, so think carefully if you want to anger the ghost for the rest of the investigation.
- Reports show paranormal entities singing along to this haunting melody. Don’t get too close or you may get a nasty surprise.
Tortured Voodoo Doll
- Force a pin into the doll to trigger a reaction from the ghost, but you may lose more than you gain.
- A visible portal into the spectral realm, dare you peer inside to find the ghost’s room?
- Risk your life by summoning the ghost and trapping it temporarily. Don’t stay too long, it’ll break free eventually.
- A deck of ten random cards, each with a unique mystical property.
- The Ouija Board is now classed as a Cursed Possession, and has received new visuals.
- You must now say “Goodbye” to finish talking with a ghost on the Ouija Board, or else…
- The Ouija Board is no longer guaranteed on Nightmare, due to the new Cursed Possessions and ghost identity changes.
- The Ouija Board will no longer have a chance to fail questions.
- The Ouija Board will no longer play an additional sound when spelling double letters.
- The total number of Ouija Board spawn points have been reduced on Prison, Asylum and High School.
- You can read more information in the Journal, under the new Items / Cursed Possessions section.
- Nightmare has been a successful addition to Phasmophobia, but we’ve all found some ghosts are just too hard to identify with only two evidences.
- We never intended for Nightmare to be a guessing game, so to combat this, some ghost types have received new abilities, passives and other adjustments to make them feel more in line with their journal descriptions, and most recently added ghosts.
- The shy ghost, often hiding in plain sight, only showing itself when truly necessary.
- The ghost that loves to throw things, watch out!
- The singing siren, luring ghost hunters near and far.
- The banshee’s rare ability to hunt at any sanity percentage has been moved to the Demon.
- The most aggressive and dangerous ghost we’ve ever witnessed.
- These ghosts love to chase, hide before they see you.
- The cold has empowered these ghosts so much, it’s starting to show.
- The thing that goes bump in the night, thriving in darkness.
- New reports show many more sightings, maybe these ghosts enjoy the fear in people’s eyes.
- Be quiet, you wouldn’t want to wake it up.
- Masters of insanity, making anyone crazy who comes into contact with them.
- Ghosts will now only use their physical form during hunts, instead of shadow or translucent forms.
- All ghost abilities have been adjusted to make them happen more often and more consistently.
- For the duration of the holiday period, Maple Campsite weather will always be snowing, and has received new seasonal decorations.
- The Mimic.
- The most intriguing ghost type we’ve ever encountered.
- More information is available in the journal.
- Two new tabs have been added the journal for easier navigation: Home and Items.
- Several questions have been added to the Ouija board, such as “how did you die?”.
- Almost every object has had its impact sounds replaced to match its material.
- New sounds have been added for player footsteps while sprinting on different surfaces.
- All large rugs and floor mats now have collision.
- Several scripts, Maple Campsite assets and the weather system have been optimised heavily to help with performance.
- All ghosts can now throw objects during hunts, similarly to how they currently open doors.
- All ghosts, except Yokais, can now hear your voice from further away.
- Ghosts will no longer be able to wander long paths when setting waypoints through walls (e.g., Campsite black tent to storage tents) and will choose another closer waypoint.
- You can no longer quickly escape through the exterior doors or gates when a hunt starts.
- The ghost will now always write in a ghost-writing book after throwing it (if it’s the correct evidence type), except during hunts.
- You must now take interaction photos of the object that was thrown, instead of where the object was before the ghost moved it.
- Hunting effects on cameras have been adjusted.
- Ghosts refreshing fingerprints will now allow you to take an additional photo (e.g., touching the same door twice).
- Ghosts flickering lights will now be based on the distance to the light itself, instead of the light switch.
- Footstep sounds are now more accurately synchronised with player and ghost movement speed.
- The Heartbeat sound’s volume is now based on the distance from the ghost, getting louder the closer it is.
- Hunting ghost sounds will now fade out instead of abruptly stopping.
- Increased the frequency of Paranormal sounds picked up by the Parabolic Mic.
- Fixed a bug where the Raiju’s weakness was only affecting camcorders and cameras.
- Fixed a bug where the hunt duration was being set based on the size of the map you previously played.
- Fixed a bug where heartbeat sound would play if the ghost was too far away.
- Fixed a bug where sound would muffle if you walked near the cabin balcony door.
- Fixed a bug where the escape from the ghost during a hunt objective couldn’t be completed.
- Fixed a bug where several interactions were not giving photo rewards.
- Fixed a bug where the photo camera could be turned on inside the truck.
- Fixed a bug where smashed lights could be turned on when toggling the fuse box.
- Fixed a bug where you could hold lit candles outside in heavy rain.
- Fixed a bug where the temperatures inside the Campsite toilets were not being set correctly.
- Fixed a bug where a Yurei could still change its preferred room if it was smudged.
- Fixed a bug where the heartbeat sound would play when you were too far away from the ghost.
- Fixed a bug where you using a second smudge stick (within a few seconds of the first) wouldn’t stop the ghost killing you.
- Fixed a bug where setting the master volume slider wouldn’t always work.
- Fixed a bug where VR players couldn’t hear their own footsteps.
- Fixed a bug where some curtains didn’t have collision, causing a safe spot.
- Fixed a bug where the model of some lights wouldnt look ’turned on’ after it flickered.
- Fixed a bug where the shower water in the ensuite in Edgefield was spraying the wrong way.
- Fixed several bugs where certain map UI and player icons were rotated incorrectly.
- Fixed several bugs where photo rewards were being given when they shouldn’t be.
- Fixed several floating books in high school.
- Fixed several safe spots in Prison.
- Fixed several fans in Asylum having two sets of fan blades.
- Fixed several rare visual issues in Willow and Ridgeview.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes November 12
- Removed the Halloween decorations.
- Removed the increased chance for the new ghost types.
- Fixed a bug where the escape the ghost during a hunt objective was not completing.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost writing book was not giving evidence photos.
- Fixed a bug where the sound would break inside the top floor of the cabin if you walked near the balcony door.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost orbs would not change room with the ghost.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes November 4
- Voice recognition phrases will now default to English if they have not been translated.
- Fixed a bug where some Ouija Board sanity questions were taking away too much sanity.
- Fixed a bug where the Ouija Board sanity questions would give a different answer for each player in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would not kill you if it saw you while checking your last location.
- Fixed a bug where the snow weather effects were not working correctly.
- Potential fix for the escape the ghost mission sometimes not completing.
- Fixed a bug where player volumes were not always setting to the correct value after loading into a game.
- Fixed a bug where you would get fingerprints photos on Campsite when there were no fingerprints.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost could sometimes think non hosts were inside closets and kill them from far away.
Nightmare Balance Patch | v0.4.1.0 November 2nd
- To help combat certain ghosts being very difficult to identify, we’ve added some new questions to the Ouija board so that you can get a rough idea of what your sanity percentage is.
- The Ouija Board is now guaranteed on Nightmare difficulty.
- You can now ask the Ouija board what your sanity is in different ways.
- Different questions will give different responses.
- Combining these responses can give you a very good idea of your sanity.
- Asking about your sanity will only drain your sanity a very small amount.
- Less useful Ouija Board questions now drain your sanity much less.
- Some Ouija Board spawn points have been moved to avoid clipping with hiding place blockers.
- Ghosts changing preferred room is now tied to sanity. Higher sanity, less room changing!
- There is a now a shortcut from the entrance area to the campfire area in Maple Lodge Campsite.
- Heavy rain has received new visuals.
- More photos have been added.
- Weather can now come through the grated ceilings in the Prison cell blocks.
- Ghosts now have a maximum range for changing preferred rooms.
- Goryo will now always give DOTS evidence on Nightmare difficulty.
- Obake will now always give Fingerprints evidence on Nightmare difficulty.
- Fingerprints now have 100% chance to spawn instead of 75%.
- Fingerprints now last 2 minutes before fading out.
- Obake’s strength has been adjusted to accommodate the fingerprints changes.
- Fingerprints can now be left on small tents, picnic benches, cooler boxes, wooden posts and log seating in Maple Lodge Campsite.
- The amount of hiding blockers has been adjusted in all locations and difficulties.
- Camping lights, fairy lights and the campfire light have been adjusted to stop sanity drain like other lights.
- Ghosts now have a much lower chance to change preferred rooms on Professional and Nightmare.
- Lowered the chance for ghosts to wander long distances.
- Fog colour, Night vision, and Ghost Orbs have been adjusted to help gameplay visibility during foggy weather.
- Increased interaction rate for ghosts on Nightmare difficulty to match Professional difficulty.
- Optimised all weather conditions for better performance.
- Optimised trees and other foliage in Maple Lodge Campsite for better performance.
- The clock ticking and white noise sounds now loop seamlessly.
- In VR, you will no longer grab the tent door when attempting to grab a nearby prop.
- Ghost events will no longer stop if you leave the room or get too far away from the ghost.
- Fixed several issues with tent collision.
- Fixed several safe spots on Maple Lodge Campsite.
- Fixed several spots where the player could get stuck on Maple Lodge Campsite.
- Fixed a safe spot under the bed in the nursery on Edgefield Street House.
- Fixed a bug where the Raiju’s weakness wasn’t working correctly.
- Fixed a bug where you could teleport into the Tanglewood house through the yellow barricades.
- Fixed a bug where placing a sound sensor on the floor wouldn’t show it on the map.
- Fixed a bug where placing a sound sensor on the floor wouldn’t allow it to function correctly.
- Fixed a bug where dropping the candle could initiate a hunt from an Obake.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would be completely invisible instead of only casting shadows.
- Fixed a bug where other players microphone volume would reset when returning to the lobby.
- Fixed a bug where certain light switches wouldn’t give fingerprints photo evidence.
- Fixed a bug where several showers weren’t interactable.
- Fixed a bug where some showers had two shower heads.
- Fixed a bug where several bones wouldn’t give bone photo evidence.
- Fixed a bug where asking the Ouija Board multiple questions would make answers overlap.
- Fixed a bug when dropping the Ouija Board in VR would stop it falling to the ground.
- Fixed a bug where hiding spots could still be blocked on Amateur.
- Fixed a bug where lights wouldn’t reset their brightness after flickering.
- Fixed a bug where players could talk on the walkie-talkie when near a hunting ghost.
- Fixed a bug where ghosts could change preferred rooms to one on the opposite side of the location.
Phasmophobia Nightmare v0.4.0 Patch Notes October 25
Maple Lodge Campsite
A brand new medium sized map featuring picnic areas, games, multiple tents, a log cabin and a haunted lake.
- Maple Lodge Campsite has more unique objects, higher object density and more visual detail.
Minimum specification computers should have no issues, but if you have outdated hardware you may see FPS drops
- Other locations will receive more detail and more unique objects at a later date
- In the future, other locations will receive a new truck mini-map design to be consistent with Maple Lodge Campsite
All difficulties have received a major overhaul. We hope these changes make each difficulty feel more unique, and provide more options for players of every skill level.
- A percentage of doors will now randomly start open depending on difficulty
- Amateur: Recommended for new Ghost Hunters!
- Long setup time
- Long hunt grace period
- Short hunt duration
- Sanity pills restore a lot of sanity
- Regain half of your lost equipment’s value if you die
- Intermediate: The standard Ghost Huntin’ experience
- Average setup time
- Average hunt grace period
- Average hunt duration
- Sanity pills restore some sanity
- Fuse box starts off
- Fewer places to hide
- Regain some of your lost equipment’s value if you die
- Professional: For experienced Ghost hunters
- The ghost can very rarely change its preferred room after moving
- No setup time
- Short hunt grace period
- Long hunt duration
- Sanity pills restore little sanity
- Fuse box starts off
- Much fewer hiding places
A new difficulty for the top ghost hunters, designed to be a challenge mode for those seeking the most intense gameplay Phasmophobia has to offer.
- Ghosts will not reveal one type of evidence
- The ghost will sometimes change its preferred room after moving
- No setup time
- Shortest hunt grace period
- Long hunt duration
- Kills extend the current hunt’s duration
- Sanity pills restore much less sanity
- Fuse box starts off
- Almost no hiding places
- Paranormal interference has damaged some of your monitoring equipment
Each time you start a contract, the location will have different weather, adding new layers of gameplay and making each contract feel unique. Change in temperature will make finding the ghost’s location more difficult, rain or wind will impair your hearing, and a thick fog will reduce visibility.
- Clear Skies
- Light Rain
- Heavy Rain
- Strong Wind
- Light Snow
The Ouija Board didn’t make as much sense as we’d like, so it’s been revamped. You now trade Sanity for information, and are penalized less if you don’t get a response.
- The Ouija board will now lower your sanity greatly when the ghost responds
- If the ghost doesn’t respond you will only lose a small fraction of sanity
- Demon’s have had their weakness changed to reflect these changes
- Several new ghost types have been sighted. These new ghost types have an increased chance to spawn for the duration of the Halloween event:
- The Twins
- When crouching, the players collider now shrinks to match the player model
- Ghosts will now disrupt electronic equipment whenever they are visible
- Ghosts can now blow out lighters similar to candles
- Using the walkie-talkie will now attract the ghost during hunts
- The walkie-talkie will now only play static sounds when near the ghost
- Lighters and candles will now extinguish when outside in heavy rain and when thrown
- The truck map screen has received new icons
- The ghost can now interact with several showers in certain locations
- You can now place sound and motion sensors on floors
- All ghost’s base speed and acceleration when chasing a player has been slightly increased
- Ghost hunt duration has been lowered on small and medium maps
- Ghosts now have a low chance to not leave fingerprints when interacting with the environment
- Fingerprints now disappear after 60 seconds
- Attic and basement ghosts now roam less often
- Attic and basement ghosts will now only roam to the next floor and not the other side of the map
- All contracts are now selectable at all times on the map screen
- The average sanity will now be accurate instead of being random
- The contract difficulty will now default to the difficulty you played last
- The map description has been replaced with a difficulty description
- The bone can now be a random bone from the human body, and has new visuals
- Ghost footsteps can now only be heard when the ghost is moving
- Changing screen resolution in the journal now offers confirmation
- Freezing Temperatures evidence has been changed to account for the new weather, requiring a lower reading on the thermometer. Breath has been unchanged
- The fuse box on and off indicator has been split into two different lights, instead of one that changes colour
- Ghost sounds will now fade out instead of abruptly stopping
- Ghost handprints and footprints have received new textures
- Lighters will now turn off when swapped into your inventory
- Ghosts can now blow out candles when the lights are turned on
- Several rooms have been renamed
- All ghost events will now last a minimum of 1 second
- Window knocks will now give noise on the Parabolic
- Several photo frames have had their photos replaced
- The heartbeat will now fade in and out, the volume has also been lowered
- Fixed grammar and punctuation for English, in the journal, on several pages
- Fixed a bug where ghosts would not always do their walking animation for ghost events
- Fixed a bug where only the host could turn the car alarm off
- Fixed a bug where the salt placement highlight was visible on walls after looking at the floor
- Fixed a bug where you can place salt on the prison staircase inside the wall
- Fixed a bug where “No code in clipboard” and “None” weren’t translating
- Fixed a bug where the footstep sounds would continue after you have stopped moving
- Fixed a bug where the hunt wouldn’t end if the host left during the hunt
- Fixed a bug where having multiple monitors with different resolution scale would crash the game
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would sing while making hunting sounds at the same time
- Fixed a bug where you could hold a tripod with a camera on during a hunt and the ghost wouldn’t find you
- Fixed a bug where the bloom option buttons were backwards on the main menu
- Fixed a bug where you could see DOTS ghosts through walls where there was no DOTS Projector
- Fixed an exploit where you could use a camera on a tripod to trick the ghost into thinking you were inside
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes September 30
- Fixed a bug where you would crash if you got kicked.
- Fixed a bug where the video cameras screen would turn green if they were placed on the belt.
- Fixed a bug where DOTS projectors and glow sticks would affect sanity drain.
- Fixed an issue where flashlight would roll away when thrown.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes September 29
- The anniversary decorations have been removed and the music on the boom box will now default to off.
- Updated a lot of missing localisation for Turkish.
- Fixed an exploit where you could point lights up at ceilings to prevent your sanity draining.
- Fixed a bug where the journal case number was being increased by the amount of players in the game.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes September 21
- Removed the imgui.ini file check so you can now use Reshade again.
- Removed the light cookie/ mask on the area light around you to make it easier to know when your flashlight is on.
- The main menu music has now been moved to a boom box that you can click to mute the music.
- Fixed an issue where the Jinn description was wrong.
- Fixed a bug where the kitchen sink water wouldn’t become dirty when the ghost turned it on.
- Fixed a bug where the keybinds would reset when loading into a game.
- Fixed a bug where your journal keybind changes wouldn’t save.
- Fixed a bug where you could hear muted players after they used the walkie talkie.
- Fixed an issue where the ambient occlusion option was showing for VR players.
- Fixed a bug where the connecting screen would stay after failing to connect to the server.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes September 18
- A complete redesign of the journal to make it easier to use and navigate.
- You can now cross off evidence on the ghost evidence page.
- The pause menu is now integrated into the journal.
- You can now change all settings using the journal whilst in game.
- Added an option to play offline singleplayer which won’t connect you to the server.
- Added new fonts for several languages that had missing characters.
- The VR mute button has been changed to the pause button for all controllers. Your controller will vibrate when toggling mute.
- You will no longer get $10 for failing a contract and will instead get the insurance depending on the chosen difficulty.
- If you fail a contract you will now see what the ghost type was.
- Ghost orbs will now periodically change position in the ghost room.
- You can no longer see the D.O.T.S Projector ghost if you are dead.
- Fixed a memory leak on the main menu when using a controller.
- Fixed an exploit where you could glitch your head inside something to make the ghost not see you.
- Fixed several safe spots where you could stand on something and the ghost couldn’t reach you.
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the temperature would rarely drop in the attic.
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the hunting equipment effects didn’t always work in the attic.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost whisper paranormal sound was staying active on the parabolic microphone.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes September 8
- Reduced the rate that temperature raises when the ghost is not in the room.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t see the journal photos if your hard drive failed to save the photo as a .png file in your install folder.
- Fixed some performance issues when another player took a photo.
- Fixed a bug where the first photo in the journal could be blank if another player took the photo.
- Fixed a bug where the journal photos and photo names would sometimes be in the wrong order.
- Fixed a bug where where some ghost sounds were not giving evidence for photos.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes September 7
- To help prevent trolling during hunts, you can no longer turn equipment items on or off unless they are held in your hand.
- Fixed a bug where the graphics settings were not applying until you joined a server.
- Fixed a bug where photos wouldn’t always be added in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where the night vision wasn’t always syncing between players.
- Fixed a bug where the camera night vision would sometimes turn off.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would be a shadow too often during hunts.
- Fixed a bug where smudge sticks and candles could be accidentally lit by other players.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes September 3
- The DOTS Projector sound will now flicker randomly instead of when the ghost interacts with it.
- The DOTS Projector interaction will no longer produce EMF.
- Removed most house candles due to performance issues.
- Reduced the glowsticks brightness after it’s one minute use time as it was too bright.
- VR: Your movement speed will no longer change based on the rotation of your controller and will now only be based on the joystick/ trackpad.
- VR: You can now grab the Journal with both hands again as well as interact with UI with your left hand.
- Fixed an issue where the Goryos strength wasn’t functioning correctly.
- Fixed a bug where you could see the night vision light when wearing a head camera.
- Fixed a bug where the cameras still had the jitter post processing effect.
- Fixed an issue where the Spirit Box emission/ bloom was too bright.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on locked store equipment would stop you from buying other equipment if you were too low level.
- Fixed a bug where you could make the photo camera flash without taking a photo.
- Fixed a bug where you would get very low fps on the main menu after a game if using a gamepad.
- Fixed a bug where standing near a DOTS Projectors would stop your sanity drain.
- Fixed a spot in the Willow bathroom where you could get stuck.
- Fixed some missing translations on the main menu.
- Fixed a few areas on Asylum where the ghost could get stuck behind the wall.
- Fixed a bug where you could hold the Tripod with a camera on during a hunt and not get chased.
- Fixed and improved the gamepad navigation on the Journal.
- Fixed a bug where you would get teleported back to the van if you went out of bounds.
- Fixed a bug where graphics options were not being applied to the dead processing effects.
- Fixed a bug where sensors positions would desync in multiplayer after being grabbed from a wall.
- Fixed a bug where walkie talkie player volumes were too loud.
- Fixed a bug where your voice chat microphone wouldn’t be set until you restarted the game.
- Fixed a bug where other players equipment in their inventory wouldn’t drop when they died.
- VR: Fixed a bug where teleport grab wouldn’t always grab objects.
- VR: Fixed an issue where it was hard to grab objects with teleport grab.
- VR: Fixed a bug where if you teleport grabbed a placed DOTS Projector it wouldn’t turn off.
- VR: Fixed grab rotations for the flashlights, cameras and smudge sticks.
- VR: Fixed a bug where where you could take a photo in the truck when the camera was off.
- VR: Fixed an issue where the Thermometer text was hard to read.
- VR: Fixed a bug where you couldn’t hear parabolic sounds if you held the parabolic microphone in your left hand.
- There is a new update out to fix the issues with VR players not being able to close the truck door in multiplayer unless they were the host.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes August 29
- The ghost will now move through the DOTS Projector at different speeds each time.
- Fixed a bug where video cameras would turn off in your hand if the CCTV monitor changed camera.
- Fixed a bug where the CCTV monitor would freeze if you walked out of the truck with a tripod.
- Fixed a bug where the DOTS Projector interaction would only work if the host placed it.
- Fixed an issue where the DOTS Projector interaction was happening twice as often if you placed two down.
- Fixed a spot where you could get stuck in the Ridgeview bedroom.
- Fixed several performance issues with the video cameras.
- VR: Fixed grab rotations for the tripod and flashlights.
- VR: Fixed a bug where video cameras weren’t opening after being grabbed.
- VR: Fixed a bug where video cameras weren’t staying open when placed on a tripod.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t see VR players head mounted cameras.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes August 27
- Added options to toggle Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration post processing effects.
- DOTS projector evidence will now activate much more frequently and will now work in large rooms.
- The ghost hunting delay has been increased from 3 to 4 seconds.
- Glowstick’s light now lasts 1 minute and fades to half intensity over 10 seconds (no longer turns off).
- Replaced ghost writing with more legible visuals.
- Removed blur from video cameras.
- Removed subtle glitch effect from all cameras that was causing motion sickness.
- Updated hair shaders to stop UI showing through them.
- Updated several lights in the game to improve performance.
- Ghost hunting effects will now work if the ghost is on a different floor to you.
- Significantly lowered the light range for the Lighter.
- Fixed a bug where the parabolic microphone wouldnt allow you to hear paranormal sounds.
- Fixed a bug where the CCTV system would break if a player died with a head mounted camera.
- Fixed several performance issues with the video and cctv cameras.
- LIV VR: Potential fix for the character model showing over yourself in the spectator view.
- Fixed a bug where screen space reflections were not working.
- Fixed VR equipment grab rotations for some equipment.
- Fixed a bug where the Smudge Stick had two right hands for VR.
- Fixed a bug where your FOV would reset on the main menu after sprinting if you changed your FOV.
- Fixed a bug where you could place a Motion Sensors on the floor.
- Fixed a bug where you could place a DOTS Projector on certain objects.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes August 26
- You can now Sprint for 3 seconds at increased speed with a 5 second recharge
- Player walking speed has been increased to the old sprint speed
- VR Teleporting: To replicate sprinting we’ve added an inner and outer UI circle to represent teleport range (walking/sprinting), these will adjust in size depending on how far the player has chosen to teleport
- Increased the acceleration of ghosts during a hunt when they can see you
- Lowered the ghost’s hunt delay before it moves, from 5 to 3 seconds
- Added two ghost types; The Goryo and Myling.
- Added new equipment to find a new evidence type: The DOTS Projector.
- Electronic equipment will now alert the ghost of your position during a hunt (similar to voice). Turn them off before hiding!
- Hunts now affect all electronic equipment with new sounds and visuals.
- The parabolic microphone now allows you to hear “paranormal sounds” when aimed towards the ghost.
- You can now enable Head Bob in the settings.
- All equipment (minus Sound Sensor) has new visuals and effects.
- New post processing effects for players and CCTV.
- All ghost types have had their evidence changed to make room for the 2 new ghosts and DOTS projector.
- During a hunt, equipment and lights will only be affected when in range of the ghost.
- Random ghost footsteps can now only be heard with a Parabolic Microphone.
- Glowsticks glow for 30 seconds then fade over next 30 seconds.
- The spirit box text has been replaced with icons to show if the ghost is responding.
- Several sounds have been replaced.
- The Infrared Sensor functionality has been merged into the Motion Sensor.
- Lighting has been improved in most maps.
- The ’placement helper object’ has new visuals.
- Volumetric lighting has been improved in all maps to reduce fogginess.
- When playing solo, you no longer have to use Push To Talk for the Spirit Box (if turned off in settings).
- The Ghost will no longer be visible at the start of the hunt until it starts moving.
- Player hand skin colour will now change based on the character you’re playing as.
- The tutorial has been updated with the new evidence type and new visuals.
- VR: The journal will now always be held in the left hand.
- The Parabolic Microphone can now only be used when inside.
- Several visual adjustments.
- Several UI adjustments.
- “Show us” phrase no longer makes the ghost interact twice.
- Fixed a bug where you could mute the Spirit Box static by picking it up with a different object in your hand.
- Fixed a bug where ghost events would only lower host’s sanity.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost window knocks were not giving interaction evidence on most windows.
- Fixed a bug where you could get the ghost to interact with objects with voice recognition in quick succession.
- Fixed a common multiplayer crash for the host on Asylum in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where you could force the ghost to end the hunt using voice recognition.
- Fixed a bug where you could get the ghost to interact with objects when you were dead with voice recognition.
- Fixed a bug where you wouldn’t always get a small map on the map selection screen.
- Fixed a bug where the sensors couldn’t be placed in certain doorways.
- Fixed a bug where picking up sensors too quickly would keep them turned on in your hand.
- Fixed occlusion culling issues on several levels.
- Fixed a bug where Danish and Finnish were in the wrong order in the language selection.
- Fixed a bug where certain ghost’s animations would only play if you are the host.
- Fixed a bug where equipment sounds were broken when being held by a female character.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes July 21
- Yureis now have a special power to lower your sanity similar to other ghosts.
- Mares can no longer turn lights on. This is designed to help with their strength.
- Slightly increased the volume your microphone has to get to for the ghost to hear you during a hunt.
- Removed the high volumetric lighting setting due to a bug causing it to not work. Medium is now changed to High.
- Fixed a bug where the Sound Sensor graph bars could go higher than the monitor.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost could always hear host players if they were talking when push to talk was turned on.
- Fixed a bug where the Thermometer wouldn’t always give values for the correct room.
- Fixed a bug where disconnecting from server timeout on the main menu gave no error message.
- Fixed a bug where the language selection and photo sensitivity warning didn’t show until you reloaded the main menu.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes July 8
- Replaced the voice chat system from Photon Voice to Dissonance.
- Both Yokai and Hantu will no longer have an increased spawn chance.
- Willow Street House will no longer always show on the contract selection map.
- The versioning system has been slightly changed to make it clearer what each update is.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes July 2
- Added all Unicode characters to the profanity filter for room names and user names.
- Upgraded the Unity version which will bring a lot of crash fixes and optimisations.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes June 24
- Fixed a hacking exploit that caused a memory leak when you connected to the server.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes June 23
- Willow: Slightly lowered all of the light switches to make them easier to press.
- Fixed a bug where if your windows calendar was set to Thai you could not connect to the game servers.
- Fixed a bug where the server names text could go outside of the box if the name was long.
- Fixed a bug where daily challenges gave no reward. This will fix with the next reset.
- Fixed several safe names that were being caught by the profanity filter.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes June 19
- Fixed a bug where enabling alternative ports would stop your from being able to connect to the server.
Phasmophobia Main Game Patch Notes June 18
- Added a new ghost type Yokai.
- Added a new ghost type Hantu.
- Added a new daily challenge “Capture a 3 star ghost photo”.
- Added a new daily challenge “Capture a Dirty Water photo”.
- Added a way to reset corrupt save files. This is a very rare occurrence, if you get this please join our discord and ask for help.
- Added a profanity filter for user and server names. Please report if your name is not offensive and is being caught by this.
- Added a sell button in the item store that will give you back 50% of the price.
- Added text to show the name of the level below the map in the truck.
- Added a confirmation timer if you change your resolution.
- Added a new small house map called Willow Street House. This map has no closets or lockers to hide inside and has been designed around hiding behind furniture.
- The smudge sticks smoking time has been reduced from 15 to 6 seconds to match the ghost delay during a hunt.
- The ghost will now walk to the front of the closet/ locker if it sees or hears you inside rather than walking past.
- If you fall out of the map or go out of bounds you will now be teleported to the last place you were instead of back to the truck.
- The high school top and bottom floor corridors have now been split into 3 sections each. This will make evidence be more accurate to where the ghost is.
- The Truck has been moved closer to the entrance on Prison.
- Kicked players will now be automatically kicked when they re-join.
- The ghost now has a small chance to wander far from it’s room.
- Slightly increased the Demons chance to hunt.
- Increased the size of the Thermometer text to make it easier to read in VR.
- Changed how the alternative ports value is saved. This means you will have to enable this again if you had this enabled.
- Increased the ghosts chance to open or close a door when it’s not hunting.
- Increased the ghosts chance to interact with objects.
- Flipped the High School and Asylum truck maps to make them less confusing to navigate.
- Improved the performance and load times on most house maps.
- Fixed a bug where player voices would sometimes go high pitch.
- High School: Fixed a bug where sound sensors showed the wrong corridor names.
- Fixed a bug where equipment didn’t teleport back to the truck if they fell out of bounds.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was changing the temperature in the wrong room.
- Fixed a bug where new players would have their volume set to the old players volume.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost couldn’t kill you in some closets.
- Fixed several safe spots.
- Fixed a bug where players would still show in the audio options after they have left.
- Fixed a bug where the resolution would sometimes be set very low when launching for the first time.
- Fixed a bug where Sensors could be placed on walls behind other objects.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was never wandering out of it’s room.
- Fixed a bug where the EMF Reader would still show a value if you picked it up from the floor into your inventory.
- Fixed a bug where Smudge Sticks could not be lit with a candle.
- Fixed a bug where the Thermometer would sometimes show values for the wrong room.
Phasmophobia Beta Patch Notes June 17
- Willow: Fixed a bug where objects could fall through the bottom of the stairs.
- Willow: Fixed a bug where the kitchen painting could fall through the floor.
- Ridgeview: Fixed the missing arrows on the first floor truck map.
- Fixed a bug where non hosts couldn’t hear the ghost sound from one of the ghost events
Phasmophobia Beta Patch Notes June 16
- Flipped the Asylum truck map to make it less confusing to navigate.
- Ridgeview: Fixed some missing walls on the truck map.
- Willow: Fixed some exploitable spots.
- Willow: Fixed an issue with the VR Belt on the porch.
Phasmophobia Beta Patch Notes June 15
- Changed how the alternative ports value is saved. This means you will have to enable this again if you had this enabled.
- Increased the ghosts chance to open or close a door when it’s not hunting.
- Increased the ghosts chance to write in the ghost writing book.
- Increased the ghosts chance to interact with objects.
- Flipped the High School truck map to make it less confusing to navigate.
- Fixed a bug where the Thermometer would sometimes show values for the wrong room.
Phasmophobia Beta Patch Notes June 14
- Updated localisation.
- Updated the profanity filter to prevent some names being changed.
- Edgefield: Fixed a bug where the ghost could teleport outside.
- Fixed a bug where the EMF Reader would still show a value if you picked it up from the floor into your inventory.
- Fixed a bug where Smudge Sticks could not be lit with a candle.
For more Phasmophobia goodies, check out All Ghost Types in Phasmophobia – Strengths and Weaknesses on Pro Game Guides.